Describe what about classes you don't main upset you / frustrate you

Warning: This is a Primarily PVP aimed thread.

To give a change of pace I guess and to more talk about the current game, while keeping it of course peaceful I thought it would be fun to openly and freely regardless of exp talk about classes you don’t main, what about them grinds your gears and why.

For further context this isn’t aimed at any rated bracket particularly or anything either, just a free form attempt at seeing how many opinions overlap in current game formats avaliable on retail about certain classes.

You can freely talk about as many classes as you feel the need to too, I’ll start.:
(yes im aware its a pvp thread but this isn’t really suitable to any of the pvp subsections imho.)

A reminder: we’re all friends here, this topic shouldn’t get fiery at all providing people just give input and don’t start contradicting/stepping on others opinions when they have the right to input they’re own at no expense.

Hunter utility is insane and I didn’t think it could hit a lower skill floor for beginners / intermediate players after seeing SL between the legendary and pet stun into trap I don’t think you could play a safer pure dps than hunter right now as far as I am concerned.

All ranged dps which are considered as casters, primarily fire mage, ele shaman, boomie and to an extent warlock and priest this is aimed at. Don’t cast any meaningful spells worth kicking 90% of the time, and the time they are doing meaningful damage there feels realistically no way of of preventing it without breaking combat or losing line of sight which isn’t fun then for either party.

Its a very numbing way to approach it, I can’t understand how anyone finds it fun eating triple DR fear into coil into CB etc, I’m disgusted with how much high damage instant casts are in the game owned by casters, feels like they should be re-branded to instant casters given they put the likes of mortal strike to shame sometimes.

On the other hand hybrid healing hopefully will be fixed with the new interesting flavours of MS effects coming in 9.1 cause I’m tired of seeing hybrid dps instant cast healing to full or just hard casting with very little draw back since the mana regen feels abysmally fast for a dps.

the high output of instant damage coming from melee too is also generally very bothersome especially those who are on steroids when it comes to utility for themselves and when it comes to helping their own team too it feels surreal knowing I can die to RNG procs / high rolls when abilities like star surge and templars verdict/the hunt/convoke can do 50% of your hp if not more .

Lastly why hasn’t fire mage been reworked yet, its the pinnacle of stupid by this point and I can’t see how anyone can defend this class when one of its main generators for pyroblasts can be cast off of the GCD from other abilities.

Now its your turn(s)!

Rogues.

No need for explanation.

4 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out what the title is meant to say.

1 Like

…is the answer : what is a warrior?

** - BUZZER NOISE - **

2 Likes

Anyone with a pet.
It’s your responsibility not mine and I don’t want to pick up the pieces of your carelessness.
A raptor is for life - not just for Christmas.

1 Like

so why post it here pvp forum for thet

Not just for CHIMERAMAS! …eh. Eh.

2 Likes

Clothies in general.

It bugs me that the classes with their armour type as a supposed detriment to them either possess tools to mitigate it outright (focused will, demon armour) or have so many defensive tools (barrier, blink, ice block, alter time) so as to make their reputed fragility an urban legend. It doesn’t help every DPS class or healer now has the same base health either.

Leather classes, heck even some mail specs feel less outright durable. Wierd.

2 Likes

The sacrolash warlock leggo. It is absolutely ridiculous because of dot protection. Glad we are getting rid of it in the next patch.

Cause theres no general pvp oriented forum thread like there is for general discussion, this isn’t explicitly aimed at arena, bgs, warmode. This is aimed at classes but primarily features pvp as the subject :> don’t think it has a place to belong in a bracket of pvp without bringing any form of seriousness to the table which I’m low key trying to avoid having people trampling all over each other.

rogues and demon hunters in any shape or form. i…i just…i just cant. :joy:

2 Likes

Well fine then, I’ll say Priests.
Specifically VE Priests.

^^

You can still get perma slowed in 9-1, unless you can dispell curses?

1 Like

5 Likes

I hate hunters with a burning passion :slight_smile:

I’ve mainly played and leveled through Battlegrounds since they added Battlegrounds. And who have always been there to utterly ruin my good times?.. Hunters!
You go towards them and they run away while shooting at you.
You run away from them and they follow you, still shooting at you.
You block line of sight and you get a pet on you.
You try to kill the pet, they heal or resurrect the pet unless you’re in a patch when the pet is completely unkillable.

But they do have some flaws…
Deadzone!.. - Lol removed!
No healing!.. - Lol Blizz gave them heals.
Lock them in melee!.. - Nope! Jump and/or sprint away like they’re on the moon.
At least they don’t have any invulnerabilities… - Blizz stop!
Only night elves can stealth though… - Why blizz, why?!
They can’t kite a warlock though! - Sure they can! Blizz just doubled their range!
Lack of line of sight will save me… - Kyrian hunters says hi :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i hate the protection paladins massive healing, they really should get bought in line with the other tanks and not be able to heal the same or close to the same as a healer.

druids shapeshift really should not negate every poly, hex and slows.

then the share burst this expansion really should be lowered and then they could move it over to sustained instead(like moving 25% of the burst into sustained over a 3min fight(numbers are just easy numbers and should tweekes a great deal more))

Any class that just suddenly self heals drives me insane.
Like Paladins randomly going from 30% HP -> 90% HP in a single global costing them nothing and undoing the past like 10 seconds of our duel.

Self healers are dumb.

Geared hunters are dumb too, their pet does 80% of the work and there’s nothing I can do, as a class like DK if a hunter targets me I may as well just lay down and wait for it.

1 Like

:bow_and_arrow: :fox_face:
:beers:

1 Like

:bow_and_arrow: :fox_face:
:beers:

That costs extra.