Deserter Like Before

Can we have deserter buff/debuff like past expansions/times in which first /afk of the day is a 5min penalty that increases to 15min by the 3rd /afk of the day?

No. Donā€™t leave.

2 Likes

5-15 minutes is far from enough. The impact of leaving the 10man bgs (even 15 ones) is just too significant. For a 5 minute debuff? Who cares, just grab a drink and you can go again.

Last few battlegrounds I did, one of the teams (yes, happens to both factions) started with 1 or 2 men short. Fine, can happen. But then, after the initial fight, someone leaves. Even before that one is replaced (That can easily take a minute or more), another one leaves.

In the end you play the whole BG with at least 1 person less. Fine in the "ā€œepicā€"bgs, but a significant disadvantage in a 10man ones.

Just increase it to half an hour. And if you leave 3 BGs in the same day - just cut you off any reward for a day or two :persevere:.

2 Likes

deserter debuff from been kicked out of a BG wth is that blizz ??? that is stupid u get a deserter debuff on been kicked out :frowning:

How about a stacking debuff instead, that resets every month. Increasing by 5 minutes every time youā€™re kicked/afk out.

1 Like

What about NO DEBUFF if you leave within the first 20 sec from you enter!!!

1 Like

i did wait and still got the debuff and was not afk or what so ever just got the debuff after leave the lost battleground

How about:

Matchmaking BGs so ilevel is equal, having tanks is equal on CTF maps, healer balance is equal, and not matchmaking them against premades, so people donā€™t leave?

If my team is getting dominated I just /afk out.

They tried that, during wod irc. It ended up giving us endless queues at times.

While I fully agree with this, a smarter matching system would probably have the biggest impact on leavers
When that is in place Worry about the Social aspect of the issue, but first make sure its technically sound because the current system allows for too many situations where the objective answer to the question is ā€˜is it beneficial for me to leave this bg now?ā€™ is yes, ESP with class balance being where it is

A smarter matching system would be of course much better.

However, I wouldnā€™t want to wait much longer for a queue than the already high average 14 minutes. Queue-time > bg itself, sorry, even if the quality will be better - Iā€™d pass.

And with a smarter matching system prob comes a higher queue-time for at least some brackets.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.