DF S1 class sets:

None of this would be an issue if these effects were disabled in PvP, as they should.

4 Likes

If you lose to pve’ers then you deserve to lose lol.

Spoken like a true 1800 max player.

You realise the new Mythic raid goes live the same day as the season, right?

Also I’ve played with fully mythic geared, pve focused friends up to a rating you’ve never seen in your life, so pipe down and stay in your lane a lil bit please :shushing_face:

2 Likes

As if most pve players have the awareness and strats to play arena

Just because you’re struggling yourself?

No struggles here, bud.

As a wise B Lou once said:
Stop the cap

nope

yes and yes
although if you don’t raid mythic and be lucky very early on, you will lose (maybe) a lot of ilvl instead of wearing pvp gear

certainly as they said they carry over that dumbo mechanic from Systemlands

we all would wish, but NOPE.

Now blizzards reasoning is obviously that the boni are not very impactful, which partly is true (mostly with just pve in mind) but lets see:

there are several boni that are pretty small (well 5%) but we also have boni that are bigger e.g. 10% for fire mages.

and then we have AGAIN absolute (most likely) bonokers things that I guess will be very much game breaking having those bonuses:

(4) Set Bonus: When you enter Eclipse, your next Starsurge or Starfall costs no Astral Power and deals 50% increased damage.

so instead of a 80k starsurge you will hit randomly with 120k star starsurge yup, that is very minor for sure.

(2) Set Bonus: Fists of Fury increases the damage dealt by your next 2 Rising Sun Kicks or Spinning Crane Kicks by 30%.
(4) Set Bonus: Fists of Fury now enhances your next 3 Rising Sun Kicks or Spinning Crane Kicks and enhanced kicks increase your Versatility during your next Fists of Fury by 5%, stacking up to 3 times.

mkay, WW already deleting people left and right, so giving 30% dmg increase on their biggest hitters seems about very minor in pvp.

(2) Set Bonus: Dispatch increases the damage of your next Sinister Strike or Ambush by 20% per combo point spent.
(4) Set Bonus: Half-cost uses of Pistol Shot granted by Sinister Strike increase the damage of your next Dispatch by 50%.

Yea a 50% dmg increase on you finisher or 100% dmg increase on an abilty that you can crazy empower by the spec tree sounds super minor as well.

I don’t even want to analyze the rest.
Sure most classes will have let’s say about a 10% dmg increase overall on their rotation but it seems we have some outliers that will have crazy burst with this.

2 Likes

The point of the matter is that PvP’ers are being disregarded and neglected from the start of a new expansion.

If the majority of PvP’ers sit around and accept waiting 6 weeks before receiving their bonuses, it sets a precedent for how we will be treated in the future. If people accept this, they have no leg to stand on when complaining about the frequency of tuning etc. The catalyst should be available to all from week 1.

3 Likes

To be fair, generally every difference can actually be significant. Seems a bit silly to me.
I just got beta so now I can check some things out - even some talents don’t even work still.

1 Like

Its true they are less big but for some classes like Arms the bonus is really good for PvP and makes several builds viable, and for SP the bonus is worthless and forces you into building DP. Overall just disable the damn bonuses in PvP.

Please…Stop talking.

Please say something useful. Now that several more specs will get disease cleansing and the fact SP will focus on getting the MS / MB combos, devouring plague will lose alot of value and that set bonus wont do is any good. If you have an argument to bring to the table then do it but if else shut your mouth.

1. the 4 set does not care if DP is dispelled, you simply have to press it.

2. if you’re using an up to 60% increased damage DP on a target and the disease dispel class isn’t CC’d or has their dispel on CD then you deserve it for being reckless.

Taking a look at the way you’ve set your own SP up it’s not surprising that you’re clueless. Fix pls it hurts my eyes.

1 Like

Yeah well they want to shovel raiding down your throat because nobody wants to play that relic of a crapfiesta anymore.
so for pve it is whatever, no time to run m+ anyways anymore but for pvp it is really terrible of course.

They should just disable the set bonus because it will cause trouble no matter what. As previously mentioned they already have some busted stuff in it even though they think the set bonus are minor at best.
so after 10 weeks we all got set bonus and after 14 weeks the season ends
much fun much wow, never learn those donkeys

for me this whole tier set crap is again very very disappointing after they announced we only have 2 pvp sets without rating requirement so you can play 10 classes whenever you want and just fool around with it.
Now with pve sets, again you need to farm this trash again and cannot just hop into pvp farm your set and be done with it. Hope dies last that they will throw tons of currency at us that you will have enough to craft 4 set once you have 4 pcs of conquest gear (like that will happen lol)

What are you rambling about? Mortal Strike 10% crit bonus is also “simply have to press”, but that bonus is there and cant be countered, same as 95% of al the other setbonuses.

I cant even believe why you are defending this.

I can play whichever way I find my character to be fun in the most non-fun season of wow so far, and you can play whichever metabuild you find the best. Doesnt change the fact the the DF-setbonus is stupid.

You sound like a nice person

4 Likes

I am, but when PvP mains attempt to flame or meme PvE mains when some of those said PvE mains are literally better than them, it’s quite funny to me.

If you think a 5% haste buff that lasts 8 seconds and which is going to have a very high uptime is ‘worthless’ then idk good luck buddy, it’s like having an extra set of sockets.

Sure, but when you play it wrong, you don’t really have a leg to stand on when arguing if something is worthless.

Checking the rogue sets and playing a bit I can see at least subs countering thiefs bargain being a bit annoying to not have.

There isnt a “wrong”. There is an optimal build for winning games, then there are other builds that might be more fun for other reasons. Choosing the latter doesnt disqualify anything else. I get that you might not be able to understand such a concept but wish you luck.