Df talent pvp build affliction

tankiness cc and dots

Some things ā€¦

• You will need banish with all the fotm rerollers playing aff. (Banishing undead = we MIGHT be able to banish DKs)
  • Not speccing into Fel Dom is int, now that SL is back lol.
  • Idk what to think about Amp curse. I like it, but theres too much to keep up on alpha right now.
  • We 100% wont play siphon life (but Absolute corruption)
  • You specced into soul link and grim sac. I think theres no synergy like back in mop or so?
  • Not playing Dimensional Rift is int. Its unhealable burst
  • No soul rot?
  • No Grimoire of Synergy? come on. 3 proccs / min & 10% flat dmg increase for 15 sec.
  • Shadowflame is nice to have but a ranged 40 y slow is still better. For now its wasted points in the current tree cause you have to spec into trash like improved shadowfury.
  • If you manage to keep track of pandemic invocation while having to juggle so many dots and proccs you have my respect.
  • Lifeblood seems trash

Very happy about the destro tree and happy about the aff tree as well but I have watched some streams and it looks like its gonna be overwhelming to keep track of everything without dark soul and low haste (happy about soul swap, even though 30 sec cd is a bit long)
ā†’ Corruption, Agony, UA, Haunt, PS, Soul rot, curses, Death bolt AND shadow bolt proccs, rapid contagion, sniping players with drain soul etc.

Why is MR still in the game, especially the first talent we have to pick when there are now death bolt AND sb proccs. Dafuq. Put it somewhere around seed of corruption stuff so you only have to play it in M+

Some things ā€¦

• You will need banish with all the fotm rerollers playing aff. (Banishing undead = we MIGHT be able to banish DKs)
  • Not speccing into Fel Dom is int, now that SL is back lol.
  • Idk what to think about Amp curse. I like it, but theres too much to keep up on alpha right now. In the current tree we also donā€™t have enough points to get other good stuff if we spec into it.
  • We 100% wont play siphon life (but Absolute corruption)
  • You specced into soul link and grim sac. I think theres no synergy like back in mop or so?
  • Not playing Dimensional Rift is int. Its unhealable burst
  • No soul rot?
  • No Grimoire of Synergy? come on. 3 proccs / min & 10% flat dmg increase for 15 sec.
  • Shadowflame is nice to have but a ranged 40 y slow is still better. For now its wasted points in the current tree cause you have to spec into trash like improved shadowfury.
  • If you manage to keep track of pandemic invocation while having to juggle so many dots and proccs you have my respect.
  • Lifeblood seems trash

Very happy about the destro tree and happy about the aff tree as well but I have watched some streams and it looks like its gonna be overwhelming to keep track of everything without dark soul and low haste (happy about soul swap, even though 30 sec cd is a bit long)
ā†’ Corruption, Agony, UA, Haunt, PS, Soul rot, curses, Death bolt AND shadow bolt proccs, rapid contagion, sniping players with drain soul etc.

Why is MR still in the game, especially the first talent we have to pick when there are now death bolt AND sb proccs. Dafuq. Put it somewhere around seed of corruption stuff so you only have to play it in M+. Kalamazi tried to deal dmg on dummies yesterdayā€¦ he had to track an ungodly amount of dots, cast drain soul as a filler, cast death bolt & death bolt proccs and try to spend shards on MR. He gave up cause right now theres simply TOO MUCH Sh*t to press.

2 Likes

The pet gameplay with purge, and Soulink for affliction PvP <3

Rot all the things : Dragonflight Talent Calculator - 10.0.0 Beta (wowhead.com)

I hate Darkglare
I hate grim. of sacrifice
It is so good that we donā€™t have to take them
<3 thaanks blizzard

yeah good points i just jumped on it and did what felt like amazing to me

for some aspects like siphon life, i hope numbers get tuned right

i dont want to have to deal with soul rot

amp curse is such a nice mechanic, sadly atm its a honor talent we cant afford to spend, i hope we can use it

idk the rest of the numbers. dimensional rift is cool but it generates fragments, aff gets fragment too?

as for pandemic it was one of the build i tried durin bfa, aff was so bad it was one of the top dps spellsā€¦

I didnā€™t know people had spells in Bfa, big progress was made this day I learnt something haha

I guess i will play something like this, still playing around.

i rly like it!

i just dont like soulrot man, i got ptsd from sl alreadyā€¦

also for dark pact, think the 5% health only might be better, lot of classes have 1 min or 2 min burst cds

going rifts looks cool, but youre not gettin fury or flame, but i guess there is enough gcd to manage

Soul Rot is only there for the haste/crit buff.

Maybe we need to play around with sollte choices. Life the Dark Pact, against arms with warbreaker you want a shorter cd.

The only thing what is still strange to me is the MR except that the dmg is tied to his many dots are up. There is interaction with it, my suggestion would be Deathbolt in this position and MR down the road. Change DB to only take 20% of dot dmg over 5 seconds. Stacks 3 times. 1 shard cost.
MR than is a 2 shard dot with a 30 seconds cd, increases timer for dots by 6 seconds and deals 100% dmg of all dots in 10 seconds

I found this interesting, hereā€™s a quick pvp debrief from Jinsk on you tube :

(105) Affliction warlock talent preview dragonflight - itā€™s broken (pvp) - YouTube

Key takeaways and observations :smiley: :

• Nightmare 2/2 talent probably not necessary, opening even more points to spend in tanking talents
  • Banish is mandatory if locks with soul link are good, so we probably pick one point in it by default
  • Quick Fiends is probably mandatory
  • A lot of the warlock talent tree is highly conditional on pet balance in terms of health and resistances
  • We take Spell lock in all cases, which means that we will probably play with an imp 80% of the time for the party dispel

Debatable points and design choices :

• Dark Pact, Unending Resolve being available at the same time with soul link is a bit over the top in terms of durabilityā€¦ it probably is, also it means that we sacrifice talents far deeper in the tree. This is a bit confusing because, deeper talents down the line should be strong and good, yet for affliction warlocks they are not. so ā€¦ pick tanking talents.
    In my opinion, this is just a ā€˜verticalā€™ optimization routeā€¦ instead of the traditional ā€˜horizontalā€™ optimization. But weā€™ll see, we also need to take pvp talents into accountā€¦ and the relative strength of ther classes ( cough warrior cough cough!)

• Malefic Rapture being the first talent node feels wrong for the affliction tree. It will still be awful in pvp because of the casting/gcd bottlenecks. AoE options should be ordered differently for affliction : simply buff seed of corruption

• The old Wrath of the lich king Haunt takes a huge talent point commitment now, but it is still interestingā€¦ it is a mix of wrath/Wod haunt.

Overall feeling :slight_smile: :
The class design seems functional and viable this time, regardless of the number pass.
The core spells and passives are present this timeā€¦ after 6-7 long years. This is finally a decent blueprint.
Retail Hype

Overall talent tree for a bursty affliction spec in arenas looks like this :
Dragonflight Talent Calculator - 10.0.0 Beta (wowhead.com)

I have got my fair share of retail hype for Dragonflight. Although I remember prior beta testingsā€¦ Sometimes it turns sour on live in the end.

The wod beta was a decent case in point. WoD affliction seemed very decent on beta and it was a pvp blast on release for like a couple of months. Only to fall into complete dereliction further down the line. Warlocks ended up being very mediocre in PvP then.

I hope it does not repeat in dragonflight. My first impression is that the general talents offer very interesting possibilities, too interesting evenā€¦ But the overall deisgn picture is good. However, malefic rapture as a the main talent node for affliction feels wrongā€¦ it should be unstable affliction instead.

Quick update with the latest Wowhead calculator for Affliction pvp :

Dragonflight Talent Calculator - 10.0.0 Beta (wowhead.com)

This is a tentative build and pseculation, based on :
Active Pet Management
Big dots and curses for rot damage
No Darkglare
My Cap stones of choice are : Creeping Death, Haunt, Soul Rot

A couple of notes :

• Resolute Barrier seems really good, and almost always reliable. Maybe we should pick it up.
  • Grimoire of Sacrifice is actually a talent for very niche situations in PvP : when pets are dying over and over to AoE and spread dot damage ( Death knights, other locks and moonkins ). Or, whenever pets are systematically disfunctional and unappealing. In such situations, Pet survivability/utility will have to be evaluated closely. We can trade 1 menial talent for it to be picked instead.
  • I hate darkglare
  • Claw of Endereth is not as powerfull as I would have imagined it for a capstone in the general tree. At +30% faster healing and damage it is pretty much on the weak side
  • I assume that Dread Touch cannot be maintaned with a reasonable uptime in PvP combat when it comes to arenasā€¦ RBG it probably is a different story, but it seems cheesy I donā€™t know.

Overall this new Alpha build is pretty interesting. It offers a dot centric gameplay focused on spread pressure through Haunt and Creeping Death. You can have frequent kill windows via Soul Rot and drain. There are alternative talents against Darkglare. Good good.

I put a lot of emphasis on the bright side here, other locks will surely provide constructive(or destructive) criticism.

They need to rework the class tree again. Demonic Inspiration and Wrathful Minion shouldnā€™t be there, those are two demo talents. Affliction and destruction donā€™t need then. But vor are required for certain talents Gateway and Sweet Souls. We wanted to change accured Vitality so demo and destruction donā€™t need to cost that for port. Now you Force destruction and Affliction to pick to talents, one for Gateway and one for Sweet Souls. Thatā€™s stupid.

Claw of Endereth as capstone should have 50%-75% increase!

Affliction tree is ok but why is soul Rot on the right side and not in the middle?

This yes i agree, some of the general talents are poorly placed and completely irrelevant for 2 specs but forced picks to progress down the tree. Effectively wasting points. They dont even act as good prepicks for the spells you want, just desd talents unless demo

Soul link could do with being at 15% at least with talents to 25%, Demons will need to be beefed up a bit too.

Yep soul rot needs ro be middle and bottom juggled accordingly and capstones need to be strong.

isnt creepin death makin ur dots shorter overall? so mored gcd to spend?

i hate soul rot :frowning:

BlizĀ² made a blue post saying that they removed the interaction with dot duration when you pick creeping deathā€¦ which makes it much more in line with ā€œrapid contagionā€ from the pvp spell book.

August 24, 2022
WARLOCK

• Affliction

Changes : Creeping Death no longer decreases the duration of Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, or Siphon Life.

oohhh thats greta! 100% pickin it then :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.