Diablo 4 rogues in to wow?

i was realy inpressed of the diablo 4 rogues playstyle a mix betvine bow and daggers i hope wow dev team takes ideas from diablo 4 rogues .

1 Like

Outlaw and Assassination would be the likely Melee Specs, and Sub would likely merge into Assassination. This would then open up the possibility of a Ranged spec. I think Sub would be the sacrifice here mostly because it’s historically been the spec Blizzard just hasn’t ever really figured out, that’s always had some serious core issues.

Is this likely to happen? Not really. A lot of the toolkit we see in D4 Rogues are part of various older Diablo Classes, mainly Demon Hunter, Rogue, Scoundrel and Monk. It kinda combines the best parts of all of them. The other issue is, how would you make a Ranged Rogue feel significantly different from a Hunter? While I personally think some kinds of Traps would be a perfect fit for the Rogue kit, it would kinda remove the specialness from Hunters.

It’s still a cool idea, and I think the D4 Classes have plenty of things, that could be used as inspiration for WoW. One thing I really liked from the D4 Rogue preview, was doing a jump attack from your mount. Instead of a regular dismount, you use the momentum of your mount’s speed to do a powerful attack. Mounts in WoW, they could use some love, to make the world experience more fun (instanced Mounting doesn’t need to have that kinda stuff, at least not at M+ or Rated PvP).

In any case, it’s an interesting question, even if not likely to happen.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.