Did Blizzard buff SSC and TK endbosses?

Vashj HP buffed from retail 4.7M to classic 6.1M.
Kaelthas HP buffed from retail 3.65M to classic 6.05M.
Advisors HP buffed anywhere from 30 to 50%.

imgur fKnl7RW.png

Is there any shred of evidence anywhere, a post, a patch note, a video, ANYTHING to show that the bosses had these HP values before they were 1st killed in 2007?

2 Likes

Bosses are all pre nerf right now

Yes, hence the question highlighted in red.

Yes. They said at Blizzcon that they would be pre nerfed. Dont know if it was chsnged in PTR to make encounters managable to do.

Its a good thing its pre nerf. Give the sweaty neckbeards something to bite on instead of crying for new content in 2 weeks.

Try nihilum clips from vashj and kael

what do you mean “hp from retail”
if you can get hold on data in whole original tbc time line & later expansions with 3x times whole game scale? u’ll find that vashi have more than 6x different HP since it was released so which 1 do u call retail?

I say, HA!! to all those who said it would be easy to clear the new raids. I told them it would be pre-nerf numbers and they said it would still be easy.

3 Likes

Both raids have already been cleared by some guilds, so…
My guild isn’t even really hardcore and we’ve already 1shot quite a few bosses.
It’s not super difficult, Al’ar, KT and Vashj can be a bit difficult, but it’s not REALLY hard.

1 Like

with experienced players & the right setup? those raids can be face rolled, there are already hundred guilds cleared both just in day1

I think nowadays nothing is really hard anyways, its just a 15 year old game.

I was there back in the old days and then it was pretty doable my guess is if everyone plays their class about 80% efficient you will beat all current content.

The only content that’s not ‘standard’ play by nowadays standards is Teron Gorefiend.

1 Like

Alas facst are facts sorry to somehow disagree with you on this one Othis on our realm the try hard are 4/6 no one higher , it does seem the years spent didn’t made any improve in their skill since even trying so hard they can’t make it pre nerf.

this is not even the first pre-nerf version, this is someone a version between the massive multi nerfs that came back in original tbc.
for example,
-solarian pre-nerf was damaging full through arcane resistance so fight was insanely hard Unlike today when guilds stack arcane resist on 2x tanks & they dance while rotating the wrath of necromancer.
-al’ar was always spawning adds every time he switch but now? he’s less likely to spawn adds most of the times he fly.
-vashj was calling Spore Bats much often which lead to spreading poison more rapidly, same for her root, unlike now, but i must say being able to walk with tainted core in early time of original tbc was nice even when boss had more bugs that could wipe the raid.
-kael dagger now have 100%chance to break MC, in original tbc mc could not get removed even with +10dagger hit. such retarded nerfs in tbc-c

also having upgraded tier4 stat & classes future revamps is making game never the same as it was, so again for the million time! TBC was not hard but blizzard decided to make TBC-C easier & the only real challenge in tbc-c will just be Sunwell which will also not come with zero nerfs. blizzard will bring m’uru version in between the multi nerf’s that happens to him.

But lol GJ Blizzard making magtheridon debuff last 30sec now instead of 3min & Grull shatter damage is heavy nerfed so just gg!
but in the end? guilds with experience & Knowledge & the right setup? will always clear, while guilds who run retarded setup or have clueless players? will never clear any raid easily & might wait for more nerfs to kael to be able to kill him!

Pre-nerf numbers are easy. 2007 Vs 2021 players are significantly more experienced. We had SSC & TK cleared on release night. Personally I hope all further raids will be released prior any nerfs, because it actually makes the raids somewhat more enjoyable.

as i said this is not the first version pre nerfs, also you think raid is more enjoyable after all the tries you guys did on PTR? :stuck_out_tongue: even without ptr! i know that Senseless was trying classic raids few weeks before release on private server just to practice xD

In general i don’t think it’s enjoyable to re-clear 14years old raids after clearing them tons of times in the past, we’re all are just wasting time on pointless things.

1 Like

Some might not find it fun, but the only enjoyment of PVE content I get is raiding, so doing PTR runs wasn’t horrible for me, but I can understand why some guilds wouldn’t want to do that, and that’s fine, each guild has their own goals.

I do agree with you, clearing the same content we did year ago isn’t refreshing, you already know how it ends, but it’s something to pass the time.

I think the best thing Blizzard can do, is to not apply any nerfs at all, even with the mag/gruul changes, the fact you can now just have 5 clickers throughout the whole just makes it boring and stale, but then you’d get people complaining it’s too hard to catch up, so they really can’t win.

1 Like

mythic 0 on retail is harder than these raids

1 Like

They are easy

good troll / interesting diagnosis you must have been given

1 Like

Seemed fun to me. I feared we’d one-shot everything and we didn’t.

But then yeah, our comp sucked. Far too many melee unfortunately contributing relatively little damage and only 5 healers (one of which was a DPS main hastily conscripted into the gap as going with 4 just seemed daft). Feel that if the guild’s pet-DPS warrior, at least one of the rogues and maybe the enhancement shaman had been exchanged with say a warlock/hunter/ele (or resto) shaman, and say the Feral DPS+Ret Paladin were both turned into healers, it would have been far smoother and easier.

But where’s the fun in that? Its going to end up on farm in about 3 weeks and then that will be that for 6 months.

I think Vanilla clasic is an example that raids are not as hard as they seemed back in 2005+.

Many of the guilds playing classic managed to clear AQ40 and Naxxramas a feat that wasn’t acomplished back then, not because the raids where harder but because people didn’t had the know how, the experience acumulated over 15 years of playing wow and raiding on a regular basis.

Anyone who has a bit of coordination will clear all the raids without any problems, maybe Illidan and KJ will pose problems for some at start but eventually everyone who really wants to will be able down them.

On the other hand, if WOTLK gets released we can talk about harder (not impossile) raids when it comes to 25 HC and Ulduar hard mode + some of the achievemnts from naxx while they are still active content, both in terms of mechanics and gear check.