Did full mc first with only 1 wipe in 2.5 houers

ragnaros down in less then 3 min so no spawns and we are just some random people with almost 100% bluse/green…
This is not fun blizzard. we wanted vanilla not some ezy mode vanilla lookalike:(

16 Likes

Except tanks in full prebis enchanted to the max. Everyone leaves that point out.

14 Likes

Only person in raid who needs to be gear is MT any1 else can be in dungeons blue and it stil will be easy mode

And what else people suppose to wear in the first raid other than dungeon blues? It’s quite simple: if it’s seems too easy, go do it with green tanks, let the healers poop

7 Likes

u left out Almost. we did mc in bluse 14 years ago but only made the first boss after a few wipes. took like 10-15 weeks to clear it and the feeling when we finely down rag!!

1 Like

But what blues did you use 15 years ago? Random stat blues instead of good blues?

Perhaps you also used the old talent trees? Did you use consumables back then? Did you even know what you were doing back then?

Molten Core was always going to be easy, only a fool believed otherwise. Blackwing lair is going to be easy too. Infact, the top guilds will also plow through AQ40 and Naxx on day1. Casual guilds will have a harder time with those raids, but they’re not going to be difficult for the experienced and over-prepared.

10 Likes

A lot of the dungeon gear is better than MC gear anyway. Being in blues and greens, especially spell/healing power greens is actually stupidly powerful, compared to the MC drops. People are just way better at the game and know how to optimize their gear and talents, as well as how to play better.
In 2004-2005 a lot of rogues were playing Combat Sword + Cold Blood, which is dumb. Top dpsers were doing as much damage as today’s tanks and healers were doing 50%+ overhealing.
Hell, most people were raiding in their PvP builds, which is very and I mean very inefficient.

3 Likes

You forgot arms warriors in valor waiting an eternity for MS, autoattacking rogues, mages without winterchill and so on.
Anyway as i said just do it with green tanks and it will bring new colors immediately

2 Likes

It’s not like… you’ve got better… right?

If you’ve played anything harder than LFR in retail, you’d find classic bosses 100 times easier lol.

1 Like

Indeed. Classic is not about killing bosses, classic isn’t good, because how hard it is. Classic is good, because it gives players a sense of accomplishment. I got my Benediction yesterday, my heart was pounding for hours and I couldn’t get much sleep from excitment. I haven’t felt that good of getting something done in the game in years. Was it hard? Hell no, MC has 10 loot pinats, that you need to hit with a stick once a week and the quest itself was more annoying, becaue of the game’s UI limitations, than actually difficult. But, f me, it is satisfying to complete milestones you set for yourself, instead of having arbitrary achievments flashing on your screen.
I have CE on most of the content from EN - Uldir. Nothing compares to yesterday’s feeling.

20 Likes

Gratz on staff

3 Likes

Oh wow, you cleared the “Introduction to the concept of raiding: 101” raid, in the gear it was intended to be cleared in? WHAT KIND OF GOD ARE YOU???

Yes, back in the day it was “hard” - because people were cluesless;

• People wore Tier 0 “it’s the class set, it must be good”
  • Even casters were forced to wear ridiculous amounts of fire resist, gimping healing and dps “Fire resist = less fire damage taken, must be good”
  • People stood in the wrong places, were ignorant of the fight “reading guides takes time, I’ll just do what every one else is doing”
  • People cheaped out on consumables, enchants, etc - “not gonna bother since we are going to wipe anyway”
  • Most people had little to no clue about the effect of their tallents “I’m a tank, best put all my points in the protection tree”

And even with all that, the biggest challenge was getting 40 people to actually showing up on time with and be prepared

16 Likes

Geez, it couldn’t be because your first attempt was 15 years ago when you barely knew how to play the game as opposed to it being 15 years later where all the optimisations and stat prioritises lay.

Or maybe becaue 15 years ago you were in a random assortment of blues and greens as opposed to now where you have been specifically targeting the correct blues and greens?

Or because 15 years ago trying to find a guide to the raid was next to impossible whereas now we are tripping over guides and tactics for the raid.

It’s not like we have all just stumbled across a new game that we’ve never seen before but want to try because it is linked to an RTS that we enjoyed playing. We’re here because we all love WoW and especially the initial iteration of the game and we have had almost two years to prepare for it.

12 Likes

Everyone is always so fast on blaming it on “nobody knew what they did back in the day” and “people used wrong gear”, but why is it so difficult to believe that Blizzard made a tuning mistake somewhere? It wouldn’t be the first time.

If you look at the game files, this is NOT the same client that we had in 1.12. It’s not the same client that was used in private vanilla servers. It’s a WOTLK client and we all know many things where nerfed to make older content easier in that version.

Take a look at recent findings that UBRS bosses had a wrong class type, elites instead of bosses.

What are the odds more things have been nerfed wrongfully making everything seem so freaking easy. People don’t even use tanks in dungeons anymore, everyone just trolls through it with mass aoe and tanks using 2 handers.

Surely, the chances are that classic in it’s current state, has unintended nerfs still built into the WOTLK client…

But nah…let’s blame it on the fact that 15 years ago nobody knew what they where doing, it would never be something Blizzard forgot…

7 Likes

Even if they did, it wouldn’t matter. Private servers had more difficult raids, as far as tuning goes, they were still cleared in relatively the same pace. The difficulty of the classic raids is irrelevant, because you can’t compare mechanical and game knowledge of 2019 raiders with that of 2004-2008 ones. Unless you literally make the bosses 1 shot half of the raid every 30 seconds, players are not going to wipe in MC. Well, even then, it probably won’t help, because bosses would just die in less than 30 seconds.

2 Likes

Well I started doing that 2-3 weeks ago with a ret pala in team as well.

Get on my level scrub.

wow bro you are so big

How can a 40 man group not have fun together

forgot to mention that we also did onyxia with 0 death on first try with the same group. even a mage with level 40-50 gear.
sure we was noobs 15 years ago but we had the same tactics and addon as today.
btw… magmadar was enraged for 10 sec and the tank didnt suffer. and a few ninja pulls and patrols when fighting packs…

Yeah, about that. With Onyxia’s utterly broken agro mechanic, nobody believes you anymore.

4 Likes