Did full mc first with only 1 wipe in 2.5 houers

Far less worse than your fantazy that you had to be pro to clear MC in vanilla.

And the only real difference that makes… is making it faster.

Then you remember 90% of the players back in Vanilla were keyboard turning click-bots, with absolutely no awareness what so ever.

Fast forward to 2019, where everyone and their dog has every little skill bound and perfected, interfaces and addons. It’s easy because they’ve played the game for years and the basics that were once demanding back then are now non existent.

The content didn’t change, the rise in IQ of players did.

Yeah I am just in denial I guess.

Its a bit of a disillusion too. Everything felt so majestic back then, and now tbh feels as easy as doing dungeons.
Its so hard to believe thats all in the mind and no numbers have actually changed. Its not a really big deal in the end I guess, after all its just a game.

The content changed a whole lot.

We have 1.12 itemization. We have 1.12 talents. We have 1.12 scaling.
If you don’t see the importance of that, try digging through some of the patch notes.

Not that I mind. I’m just saying, Raggy now isn’t what Raggy was back then. For more reasons than player IQ.

1 Like

Just like the gym, when you first started everything ached years later looking back you laugh as you were doing everything wrong at first and you can now rep out whatever you were doing then.

We simply got better with years of practice, it was most peoples first mmo and they had no idea what they were doing even near the end of vanilla. Heck most people were still clickers and key turners in tbc, most people I knew started taking it really seriously in wotlk when arena/pvp was at it’s best.

Orly? 99 kids out of 100 have next to zero IQ nowadays. And those who played 15 years ago are not an inch smarter now than back then.

2 Likes

Tabs, are you here 24/7? :joy:
I literally just in the process of pressing the reply button when you are liking the post

Average IQs are actually rising, though the question is if that’s due to higher intelligence or just schooling that increases your skills at tasks required by IQ tests.

However, there’s a massive difference between IQ, and experience combined with easy access to information.

Imagine that was coincidence. Watching duel tournament

Well I guess that you can teach the monkey to hit proper buttons on certain conditions. But million monkeys at the typewriter will never replace one William Shakespeare.

Except the reality here is that… the intelligence of the people who started playing in 2005, and those who might start playing later, is all but the same.

It’s not about IQs or w/e - it’s just about practice. You literally can’t look at videos from 2006 or earlier and claim they resemble the level of player quality we see in videos from subsequent expansions. You can see a definite improvement between the MC and the Naxx videos, but it’s only since TBC (and especially since WotLK) that you start see the kind of flawless, no-time-wasted play you’d come to expect from progression guilds.

2 Likes

How about you start playing half naked and like a stupid kid? Most of us didnt know what spellpower was good for and back then average dps was like 150 but today (since we are or most of us are good in gaming) we have an average dps of 350+ with green/blue gear. Melees are doing crazy dps compared to back in vanilla. Classic is not an ez-mode of vanilla its just that WE got way better at the game and know how to play our class in PvE. Stop crying and start using your f**king brain for gods sake.

you were a 12 year old kid who can barely change his own underwear and probably casted frostbolt once every 8 seconds back then.

times change.

Does not take much skill to got wowhead check bis list and where you can get gear parts, very skillful, to bad you are still just as bad in actual gameplay, that is why you still have wipes even with such gear.

Thats why you can clear a 40 man raid with not full lvl 60 people in “potato” gear?

If you watch Nihilums worldfirst KT video you see warlocks throwing around immolate and siphonlife on the boss…

same players and same tactic! this game was not a new thing back then. players playd everguest and anarcy online for years before wow.

MC was never super hard, but 15 years ago you definitely needed some decent gear and fire resistance for some classes (notably tanks). It’s the 1.12 gear, skills and talents after all the adjustments that makes it so easy. MC was tuned for 1.0, not 1.12.

1 Like