Did full mc first with only 1 wipe in 2.5 houers

If all is that easy, why hybrid classes get bullying/stigma as non viable?
Doesn’t make senses,just to finish raid few minutes faster?

1 Like

Because they are not? There are no debuff slots for Shadow Word: Pain and even with Blessing of Salvation, 3points in Shadow Affinity and 5 points in Silent Resolve, Priests still pull agro.
Ret Paladins simply don’t do any damage, without spending 4 times more gold on consumables than any other class, while Boomkins and Elemental Shamans go OOM in any fight lasting more than 2 minutes.
You could play those specs in PvE, but simply put, why would you?

Maybe people actually think it’s fun? Crazy idea for an online video game, I know.

2 Likes

I never got the concept of playing a gimped spec as fun. Why would you pick a class that is bad at doing damage, to dps with?

Think you missed this part of the quote to your thinking.

There are as many answers to this question as there are players, but for the sake of having something to say that might make sense to you:
Why are challenge runs a thing? Why deliberately make things harder for yourself?

Because sometimes that’s the point.

On top of that, there are all kinds of reasons why player A might prefer mechanic A over mechanic B.

Because of the awesome reward.

But we can all agree that mechanic C is BS!

Either this is sarcasm or you don’t know what I mean when I say challenge runs. I mean things like the guy who did an Ironman challenge where he only used whites and greys and deleted his toon every time he died.

There is no reward.

How do you know?

Yeah screw that mechanic

It is sarcasm. :joy:

Understood. I just couldn’t be sure because for all I know it also means something-or-other that got added to retail in the time since I left. I’m told speedrunning is a thing now? Which is kind of horrifying to me.

Well, for one, because APES said so and a lot of the players who actually played on them. So I’m willing to believe the world first guild of Classic and the server first one of multiple Private servers.

It’s called Mythic+ and it is the best feature of retail, well, until BFA utterly destroyed it, by adding more trash mechanics in a single pac, than boss mechanics in the entire dungeon.

2 Likes

I’m struggling to read your point properly.

You’re saying 2004 MC was cleared at the same pace as buffed Pservers?

Ninja edit: Nobody has the proper numbers from 2004, so for all we know they aren’t that much stronger.

No, I’m saying Private servers MC is harder than Classic’s . I never ment that PS raids were harder than Vanilla’s . (For the sake of the argument, I refer to 2019 WoW as Classic and 2004-2006 as Vanilla).

Implying Molten Core was ever hard to begin with. You forget that we have around 15 years worth of experience compared to 2004.

Everyone likes to leave that part out. Very convenient huh?

Edit: And the extent of MC tactics are “To not stand in bad stuff, remove curses, DPS the thing” This does not take rocket science to master. And also we are running 1.12 which makes most classes over-tuned compared to what MC requires.

BWL will be more of a challenge as it actually requires a little bit more then “DPS the thing” for a few of the bosses, it will most likely be cleared by a guild group the first night, but it won’t get pugged to the ground by randoms nearly as fast as MC currently is being done.

But we’re talking about whether 2004 Classic is tuned to 2019 classic. Why are private servers the comparison?

Because players playing the game after 2006, could only do that in private servers. So the added 13 years of “vanilla experience” by guilds like APES, come from them.
Why do you think that they were able to get world first in 5 days after the release?
Some people argue that players from 2004-2006 were just as good as players today, because rotation of mages was 1 button and completely disregard that 13 years experience gap between them, which is ludacris.

Experience helps, sure. But isn’t this also indicative of the raid being undertuned?

(Edit: It is undertuned actually, seeing as we’re playing 1.12 with nerfed raids and buffed classes. The real argument is whether those nerfs/buffs are too much).

1 Like

Does it matter?