Did full mc first with only 1 wipe in 2.5 houers

So you’re saying it’s irrelevant because of general wow experience? How do you know that if we were playing the real 2004 client, APES (Edit: or anyone else) would still clear the content so fast?

Because they and subsequently, we know the game in and out. Difficulty content was never on the table.
Maybe it would take a few days longer, but the end result would be the same.

I mean, you’re right. MC is mechanically very easy, but class and gear changes made it substantially easier. If you already know the fights, you’re getting a massive advantage and would do the place almost regardless of gear. Your average joe nowadays doesn’t know the fights that well and with OG 2004 classes and gear there would be a lot more chaos. Which would be nice.

Think some of you guys needed to watch the variety of streamers and their guilds wiping repeatedly to bosses in MC and Onyxia, to realise even with their raids better specs, better gear, X years of playing WoW., and knowing the strats, with voice comms for all the fights…the “average” players are still scrubs.

2 Likes

If you are talking about Kungen, that guy is literally living in 2004.

Scrubs by 2019 standarts, which is the best players you can have by 2004 ones.

I was not talking about Kungen, and I was measuring the “scrubs” aspect relative to the standards we applied with our vanilla raiding.

I don’t know how you can apply that standart, when the avarage “scrub” player of 2019 had cleared MC in about 5 months faster time spawn than the world first vanilla guild.

Did you play and raid since original launch?

I have multiple cutting edges since Pandaria.

ok, that is not what I was asking.

So you don’t know what each patch prior to 1.12 was like?

for monkey island I presume?

1 Like

Nope. But before dismissing anything I said, just because you think that 1.0 was the hardest game ever made, take into consideration that the avarage Mythic kill of retail is done with 50-100 wipes, which considering that you don’t have travel time and rebuffing between attemts is infinitely more than the avarage kill done during Vanilla. Players, from retail are used to a lot harder fights and those from Private servers already know everything in and out. So regardless if we are playing on patch 1.0 or 1.12, the end result would be the same with, maybe a few days difference.

Well I do hope in 15 years from now, someone who starts playing 10 years from now can tell you exactly what your Mythic+ raiding was like.

1.12 back in vanilla, would be like comparing heroic Gul’dan to Mythic Gul’dan. The difference was very real compared to pre AQ.

I’m not telling you what it was like in 2004, I’m telling you why 2019 players are stomping the content and it would make little to no difference if we were playing on patch 1.0 right now.

1 Like

Do you know those bosses where only the top guilds can just kill them, then blizzard nerfs them by 5%, and fixes a mechanic and suddenly the top 30% of guilds can do it…

A lot more than that happened between 1.0 and 1.12.

I am not saying MC is “hard” especially once you know it. I am saying current raiders have been wiping to “nerfed” MC and “nerfed” Onyxia, which wasn’t happening in 1.12 in Vanilla and not because of raid gear, we are talking alt runs, pugs etc.

But you are doing a lot of summising as if it is facts.

That doesn’t matter as I repeat myself for the 3rd time.

2019 retail raiders are used to overcome incrediably difficult fights and Private server players know everything about the game to maximize their performance.

1 Like

It actually would. Due to gear and class limitations which no skill could alleviate. Would not be 5 months of course but not 5 days also. Should farm all the prebis items and adopt the strategies. Not to mention the ridiculousness of going in under 60.

1 Like

Our guildies only learnt what dodge meant in Cataclysm…until then we just had no clue what dodge was…thankfully the knowledge stick just hit us all in the face in 2012.

Ridiculous.

Yeah. It’s hard!

1 Like

2019 retail raiders are used to overcome incrediably difficult fights and Private server players know everything about the game to maximize their performance.
Classic simply is too old of a game to present any mechanical challange. Which means that the only roadblocks would be - gearchecks. But again, the game is old and gear check bosses were done in comparison to player’s damage and healing output of 2004, which is far lower than what people are pulling in 2019. I mean for Goddess’ sake, tanks today, in prot gear and prot build are doing more dps than damage dealers of 2004.
With theorycrafting, simcrafting and optimizing class performance, even 1.0 would not be any real difficulty for today’s player base.

2 Likes