Did full mc first with only 1 wipe in 2.5 houers

Does Classic even require a keyboard to be played?
i really accept people playing it for the feeling.
but talking about skill is pure nonsense.
As long as you can Write your name and have at least 1 hand with 3 fingers+
You are as good as the best Classic player

2 Likes

Bosses would die in 90 seconds instead of 45. Rag will still not submerge. Onyxia will still be done by 15 players. Literally nothing changes.

I keep saying this to you people but you never listen so I’ll say it again.

Even if, hypothetically speaking, none of what you just listed had occurred, and we were fighting the bosses in classic in their pre nerfed state, with pre buffed talents and pre optimised gear,

We would still easily easily EASILY clear molten core
Why? Because it’s always been an easy raid by modern standards.

You could make molten core 4 times harder and it would still be easy because a multiplicative factor of easy, still results in an easy outcome. This raid would need to be buffed but a factor of at least 10 before it even starts to challenge your average, read: average! modern player.

And I can assure you that the changes you listed from 1.1 to 1.12 did >not< make the raid 10 times easier.

The real reason people struggled back in the day was not because of the patch 1.1 state of the game. It’s because almost every player - even the top raiders and ‘elitists’ - were absolutely freaking clueless.

It was painful to watch the world first, read: world first, Ragnaros kill send see how horrendously people were playing, from poor optimisation, high downtime, clicking (yes, world leading raiders clicked vital abilities!), Capping resources, low APM, low consumables use, actually chatting rubbish mid fight in /say, terrible debuff management such as mortal strike and the raid not even using all 8 debuff slots, etc etc.

1 Like

True, I mean there would be more groups who struggle , but it does not really change that everything is know, maybe some extra potions and that is it, or bit better gear.

Onyxia has always been easier with less players.

Oh, so you agree with him, who says the exact thing I do, but hey, I’m spewing retail bs or something.

Yes I agree that even if MC would be harder it would not change much, everything about that instance is known, from boss mechanics to gear and what you must do, every buff you can get is known , there is only question of how much of it you need to complete Instance.
Only random groups will struggle, or badly organized guilds.

1 Like

Yep. Boss with x2 HP and damage EASILY kills you for the same amount of time in which otherwise YOU easily kill it.

Why aren’t they doing Mythic +40 if you can just multiply stuff and go lol, boss still only does these 4 things.

1 Like

Let’s not kid ourselves that the difference between 1.0 and 1.12 is as big as between M+10 and M+40, shall we?

It was not small either, and fundamentally I would argue it was in the range of double.

Please remember C’thun and related AQ bosses got nerfed at Naxx launch etc.

The quantity of guilds that could kill C’thun pre and post nerf was substantial.

Small changes can tilt a fight from being unsustainable (in terms of healing) to easy. (applies to all expansions)

Arbitrary example then: a mob that hits for 2% of your health gets buffed to do 50% more damage. How scary! It now hits for 3% of your health!

That’s what I mean by multiplication of easy still resulting in easy.

I don’t even care about Molten Core. Leveling is the reason I am playing.

Why not? I’m pretty sure retail today is optimised for youtube generation who can’t read sentences longer than 2 words length (not speaking about anyone personally here).

1 Like

Then maybe go play retail instead of making wild assumptions?

Anyone who actually played it knows that it caters to a range of players. You can YOLO LFR without reading or taking to anyone, but if you’re going to do heroic or mythic you need to be able to read tactics and pay attention, and learning fights on retail these days is almost like studying for a freaking exam with the sheer amount of tactics and fancy mechanics in the boss fights.

Put it otherwise. Mob who is hitting for 50% of your hp hits now for 75

1 Like

This is the so maniest topic about it:

Stuff is just super nerfed.

I was there 15 years ago, people were well prepared had the good gear, knew what they were doing and used consumables. Contrary to popular belief the internet was quite good, and you could play wow on a mid-range PC.

Yesterday went into MC for the first time in 15 years. Ppl did have the good gear, and did know how to DPS (nothing new) but raidwise were doing just fck whatever. We had a Lucifron add getting melted while he was ccruising the raid. Who needs a tank when a raid boss has just 100000 or so HP:? Mag and Shaz are more tank and spank bosses and never even stood a chance.

I experienced first hand now how super nerfed content is. With the group we had yesterday, we would have wiped forever on the first MC trash in the unnerfed version of MC.

1 Like

And I already countere that with bosses just taking double the time to die, roughly from 45seconds to 90.

You mean 0? Because the first C’thun guild came after the “mathematically impossible” nerf, which I still doubt, because we have had similar “mathematically impossible” boss in the face of Avatar, who died, while being “mathematically impossible” to kill.
The quality of guilds today is far beyond anything Vanilla players have seen and that is a irrefutable fact, regardless if we are speaking of retail guilds or private server ones.

Just what people said in all these 15 years. Tell us something new

Pre Naxx, guilds killed C’thun. I should know :wink:

Will include actual dates (not mine, would need to dig around for that):

April 26, 2006 - AQ cleared.
June 19, 2006 - 1.11