Did full mc first with only 1 wipe in 2.5 houers

Crimson felt hat always had +30 dmg, quite sure the rest had the same. Dinged 60 aug 2005. We cleared the core by dec 2005. Not the first guild ever, but it was pre nerf.

You are partly right though, RoTV had 51 +shadowdmg and now it has 46 to all, and dragon finger of shadow wrath has +21 shadow dmg, and was later nerfed.

Didnt keep any logs, its already quite something to still have screenshots imo.

1 Like

Then do 20 man split runs if MC is so easy for you.

So, as I said, mid to late vanilla. That item wasn’t even added to the game at the time guilds had started raiding MC, and didn’t get the +30 spelldamage it now has until the reitemisation patch (that also massively buffed caster epics).

And there’s no discussion about items having been reitemised in late vanilla to what we have in classic, it’s merely a matter of record.

And while you might not have logs, there are others who logged it, and none I’ve seen have shown anything like what you claim.

You got an old log or any data on boss HP then and now?

Because yes, in my memory, Magmadar needed some 4 min or so of full DPS before dying, yesterday it was like 40 sec or so.

I wasnt an officer back in the day, just a random dps. So I have no idea at what the raiddps was back then, but I guesstimate it 10000. It can not have been 10 times smaller than it was yesterday!

1 Like

HP levels are the same.

So… “in your memory” it took “x amount of time compared to y amount of time. or so”, without having actually checked how much damage was being done… ye… how about… lol.

Also, show us that log with a 40 sec kill on magmadar. I’d be interested to see it.

Because people who say classic is easy only go with godlike specs, i bet you 90% of the dps in the raid was bloody mages

Your argument is so stupid. You say “of course MC is easy, it was NEVER hard” and then go on to say that it’s only easy now because all players are so much more skilled? Logic fail 101.

MC is 10x easier now than it was in early Vanilla, due to nerfs and massive buffs to classes and itemization. We’re playing a nerfed version of Classic.

1 Like

Except it’s not “logic fail”. MC was never complicated, but when you have 40 people who’s never played anything like it before, it will take time for them to get used to it, and for standards for how to set up raids gets worked out. As will theorycrafting for classes and bosses take time (both for the specific ones, and for how to do it at all).

Is it easier? Off course.

Are you excused for being butthurt that people don’t consider vanilla wow hardcore? No.

https://youtu.be/OzhAlImedZQ
World first Nef kill. You will find everything here: hunter drinking midfight and clicking abilities, mage dpsing with wand, palading with bis-tanking warrior shield healing from spellbook and much much more. Drama - Shattered Hand - 26.09.2005

2 Likes

OK, I didn’t watch the vid but this made me laugh.

When MC was released only the most hardcore players even raided. Are you really claiming that the top 5% of players in 2004 and guilds like Nihilum didn’t know how to play? These guilds literally had application forms just for a chance to raid MC.

1 Like

It’s nice when people cut away the edit and make the text fit their narrative. In my edit i state that 1.12 is not the right patch for MC because most classes got their tuning done to fit Naxx.

Still does not invalidate that MC was easy even back then and was never hard. The Axemen (Norwegian guild) was speed running MC in 1 hour 35 minutes in 2005.

But hey keep pushing your own narrative to fit it how you see it. People like you will never accept anything that does not fit their narrative.

Original upload: warcraftmovies. com/movieview.php?id=11031
2016 Re-upload of said run: www.youtube. com/watch?v=Mez3r0RuYMw

You’re confusing “people who started playing at launch and played enough to level quickly” with “amazingly good players”. They… or we, just really weren’t.

Also the amount of raiding going on in 2004 was next to none (and none at all in the EU). You’re confusing “hardcore” with “happened to start to play WoW at the beginning”. Most who ever played WoW in vanilla started to do so well after MC was released, does that make them worse players?

And while they certainly were good FOR THEIR TIME, what they “knew” is laughably simple compared to today. But that point is something you just entirely ignore to throw out the tired “but they were amazing hardcore omg so hardcore so that means that what they did was so amazingly hard” strawman.

When I think back to that time in early vanilla, what stands out to me is how atrociously clueless we were, and how it’s actually amazing we went in and cleared the place.

As for Nihilum. They just prove my point. They didn’t become “top” until AQ40, the first raid where the amount of fillers had to really drop as raid difficulty was getting to the point that one, or a few, bad players could keep getting the raid wiped. (and also by which point they had gotten made up for the 3 months headstart the US had). And that would further happen as we went into Naxx, were people either were dropped by the wayside as skill requirements became more what we expect today or stopped higher end raiding due to the increasing time investment needed (MC+BWL+Ony+AQ40+ZG (for enchants)+ ZG/AQ20 for optional gear pieces+farming consumables and gold), or as many guilds (mine included) just couldn’t push to entirely clear Naxx40 because we didn’t want to alienate half the players in our group.

1 Like

It’s amazing that you achieved this at level 27.

Yeah i got to 52 then rerolled. I will be p sad when i get all chars to 60. maybe delete them for room for more newbs. id rather do lvl 1 raid on hogger. It’s all the same stuff with higher numbers… and you can make it as dificulult as you like, if thats your bag. Gold, gear is meaningless, all about the experience.

Yeah, people were pretty bad. There was spell power/hit/crit gear, but omg dungeons have sets, they must be good, I want 8/8 Magister set! (that gives 24 spell power from set bonus and nothing else).

I am am reading and think where you get these idea out of , even back then I was looking for ways to build my own build, not looking if it is set or anything like that, I think you guys need to take your meds, you seriously start to annoy me with your comments about how everyone was moron who can’t think and have no interest on looking what you can do with item combinations, there were tons of homepages dedicated for people who did it and communicated with each other.
Go get help, you need it.

2 Likes

Yet he admits not playing until many expansions later and can tell the players who actually played through the expansion what ALL the players did, even the top guilds.

Each patch through vanilla had theorycrafting, BiS, cookie cutter builds for both PvP / PvE.

One moment we have him saying everyone only wore their class armour type…why oh why with the design of TBC did Blizz add a bonus to wearing your class armour type…was it perhaps because palas/shamans/druids wore cloth, Warriors wore mail / leather… etc. It was. Jeez even Leerooooy was after his BiS healer shoulders…cloth.

Stick to the plan guys

1 Like