Did full mc first with only 1 wipe in 2.5 houers

Don’t forget to look at the guy’s ping.

That is what most people were ALSO playing on at that time… lol.

Devout shoulders were BIS for Holy paladin. ORIGINAL VANILLA RAIDER HERE! INTEL/SPIRIT HEAVY CLOTH SHOULDERS WERE BIS FOR HOLY PALADIN! BREAKING NEWS!

This slip pretty much sums up and confirms anything I said about Vanilla players in 2004. Thank you, because I never tought of using Leeroy for my argument.

1 Like

He wasn’t in Strat, and guess what current bis puts him in cloth int / spirit shoulders… :slight_smile:

Can’t even be sure now whether alternative shoulders, i.e. strat had 1% crit at the time etc. Can you…

Point is, YOU said players ONLY went for their tier 0 sets, never strayed across armour types…YOU clearly never played at the time as it is NOT true.

1 Like

No, I can’t . You just made an argument that intel-spirit shoulders with 0 healing or spell power were considered bis for Holy Paladin in 2004, which basically is all you need to know about the lack of game knowledge in that time.

Indeed you can’t. Don’t think at the time there was gear (or much gear) with %crit / spellpower etc. so what item should he have been going for in UBRS…as an upgrade…in a joke video.

Point was “miss nobody geared outside of armour type”. You were wrong.

1 Like

Majority of the players were chasing their dungeon sets. I may have said it hyperbally, but I wasn’t wrong about it. Diviating from your armor class, let alone needing an item in the presence of another player with that armor class was heresy and would get you black listed.
Please don’t play stupid with me, regardless if I have played the game back then, or not.
The forum archives are still available to read.

1 Like

Just like if I go up to WoW Classic General Discussion above this, and then used that as ammunition to say all/most 2019 players are … WoW forums have never been a good benchmark of the current “raiders”. There has always been sooooo… much stupid its not true.

When I asked, when you started, I knew the answer. It is clear from everything you have written. Stop guesstimating events and times you weren’t part of based on fragments, then pushing it as facts.

This post should be the only one shown when this topic comes up.

1 Like

You wanted Vanilla, that’s exactly what you got.

The numbers are identical to vanilla, the only thing that’s changed is the players.

Will make a few modifications…

I don’t think in 1.12 vanilla anyone had any problem with any of the currently released classic content.

1 Like

The vast majority of players didn’t want a 1.0 => 1.12 progression, it was always going to be 1.12 from the start.

They wanted the private server experience but safe in the knowledge they could invest in their characters without having to worry that one day the characters were deleted by server cease and desist or a salty/corrupt admin.

2 Likes

And it would be really awesome but for the crowd of “you think you do but you don’t” crybabies with #nochanges motto

My main reason for backing no changes is that I don’t want the endless debating over which changes. It just seems a lot simpler to draw the line immediately than to endlessly agonise over where else to put it.

Blizzard should have hired pserver devs to advice them on that.

Well, you wouldn’t be far from the truth.

Yeah and what is it?

I’m pretty sure they’d rather screw it up than hire pirates.

Those “pirates” as you put it managed to provide awesome experience to thousands of vanilla players over the last decade. And contrary to the current classic team know the game inside out as well as players’ expectations.

3 Likes

That is not incompatible with my statement. If your company is opposed to the operation of pirate servers, it probably sends the wrong message when you start using them as portfolios to hire people.

MC was not hard. I started raiding just when ZG came out, so we had better talents then you did in the start of vanilla. Some also had some DM gear and we progressed through ZG first and got some loot there. Exept for a handful of raid and class leaders none of us had any raid experience prior, also we didn’t use any addons, (my first was installed halfway though BWL). So with to few people and mostly totally inexperienced in mostly blues and greens we got to Ragnaros in 3 weeks. Can’t remember how long it took us to kill him, but it wasn’t many raids. You probably can raid, you probably have addons, you have even better talents and you know the boss fights. (We only read up on the abilities after we tried it ourselfs for at least 1 raid). No viedoes back then, just describing what the different boss abilities was. So gather 4-5 of you friend, then you recruit 35 newly dinged 60 that have never raided before in their life, tell them NO addons that helps raiding and then go. (Preferably tell them to play on 12-15 years old computers on a dial up line too). You might do as we did, clear the 3 first bosses and have a crack at the 4rth in 4 hours. (Since all are new, you will also only have 1 person with tranqshot). MC isn’t hard it’s first raid instance, the easiest. IF you clear AQ40 or Naxx in 2,5 hours the first time you try it you can complain. Remember to bring people that don’t know tactics. Or atleast have never been there before. (I still didn’t have any addon tohelp me raiding when we started AQ40, I had one addon to keep track of the CD on other hunters tranq shot, one that unequiped my ranged weapon before every class call on Nefarion. While we did the first boss I also got KTM. Neat, but not very useful as a hunter as I could just FD every once in a while.)

Well that was my point. Gear only had base stats and the other stuff didn’t come until later when a lot of older gear pieces were updated or new gear added. The set bonus for added spell damage was unique for a short time.

1 Like