Did we really have to see Slyvanus 3 times in row in expansion trailers?

Legion - BfA - Shadowlands expansion trailers.She was the main actor in all of them.They say those trailers are really expensive to make and take huge amount of time.Once in every 2 years you see one.So my question is, why we had see the same character for 3 times in a row in last 3 expansions trailers? And we don’t even know what her true goal is, after all this time.Is WoW’s story that stale?

She is actively stealing the lore spotlight since forever, and I still don’t know what she really wants.It should be time to see the other races and less seen characters in glorious CGI trailers for once. Or will we see her for the 4. time in expensive CGI when she is stealing the spotlight, screeching again in her banshee form? It’s like a pattern.

Will she finally die in shadowlands, I don’t care for the spoilers if she dies, please feel free to give it.Someone who played the beta.

7 Likes

I’m sorry but no one knows if she dies and when. Don’t worry, it’s most likely her last expansion (either she dies or gets out of spotlight).

Personally, I think her cinematics were a lot more entertaining than anything we had so far. They sure caused a lot of controversy and discussions. It’s a chapter of WoW that’s about to be wrapped up one way or the other. To be honest, when you want to tell this kind of story (cosmic drama and stuff) Sylvanas is the only one I know who’s capable of going this far. No other character in WoW can pull a “You are all nothing” and get away with it.

4 Likes

Oh, you Sylvanas fanboys…

19 Likes

That’s a matter of taste, isn’t it? This is why I said personally.

4 Likes

So far they all ended up as a marketing fuss though, no? Just to stir the pot, to make ‘‘shocking’’ moments for the sake of it? Morally Gray™.

Personally, I have no hope this will all end up to a great conclusion, magically.That’s why I asked if we will just be done with it soon.

Just like you said, they all felt like they were specificly made to cause controversy.

3 Likes

They were and I’m fine with it. Never been more engaged with the story until now. I really have no problem with being a Sylvanas fan. I think she’s fun, interesting and I’m genuinely excited to see where they’re taking her story. If it turns out she’s just a villain, oh well, I’ll be fine. Disappointed sure, but I’ll get over it.

2 Likes

I am not fine with it and I have never been more dis-engaged with the story until now, to the point I asked for spoilers just to learn if she dies or not.Usually I hate spoilers and try to avoid them.

I am not even curious what she’ll turn up as, I want her gone.Just not as Kerrigan v2.We deserve a satisfaying end.We put up with her this far…I am this unhappy with one character as a blood elf player, just imagine the night elf players.

1 Like

I kind of envy you. Personally I don’t like how the narrative is being told in WoW. I much preferred the trailers of vanilla WoW and TBC. Those trailers didn’t focus on a single individual, nor did they push a narrative. They displayed a fantastical world, with generic representations for various classes and races. These representations felt as stand-ins for the actual players.

Who among us didn’t feel like rolling a Draenei Paladin after watching that guy slam his hammer into an Orc? Or maybe you thought the Blood Elf casting resurrection was a more fit fantasy for you? Or maybe the Forsaken Warlock casting hellfire on a group of Murlocs?

These trailers showed us some of the potentials that the game had to offer. They were focusing on the player and the world, not some NPC and contemporary narrative.

7 Likes

Exactly.Those cinematics implied a sense of wondrous fantasy world and constant strife within it.

That’s the thing I missed, and why I created this topic.Those cinematic could’ve impressed anyone that’s interested in fantasy genre.The last 3 cinematic only interest a certain audience, namely Slyvanas fanboys…They are practically a fan-service at this point.

5 Likes

Fan service? Sorry, but I loled. There’s no fan service here. A lot of Sylvanas fans are unhappy with her current development. Not all Sylvanas “fanboys” like the direction she’s taking lately. They liked her staying in the shadows, being her edgy self but not full blown maniac. No, very few people are happy with her nowadays.

I personally like it, but in no way do I represent the entire fanbase.

5 Likes

If her fanbase are not happy , if the people sick of seeing her are not happy, then why are all suffering this still?

What are we, if not slaves to this torment at this point…

5 Likes

Why did we have to sit through another Horde Civil war? Why did we have to play game of warchiefs one more time in short time?

10 Likes

I thought the BFA Cinematic in a vacuum was absolutely amazing and would consider it in the top 3 alongside WoD and Wrath. It did a great job evoking Alliance and Horde Faction Pride. Which is anything but what the actual expansion storyline turned out to be, so it’s soured on me in hindsight with how misleading it was.

Sylvanas is done one way or another by the end of Shadowlands. She will be killed off or put on a bench for a good while, similar to Illidan at the end of Legion.

3 Likes

Sylvanas best. Her haters are just mad because she wins all the time. Stay pressed antis. Lol.

:thinking:

5 Likes

Oh wait I know this is like the parody answers right.You are displaying a wild, unreasonable, unrelatable , untamed, primal Slyvanus fanboy attitude to prove a point right? Like in a sarcastical way that’s taking a jab on them.Don’t they usually add an ‘’/s’’ at the end though.To imply it’s sarcastical.

IF though it’s not sarcasm, I am simply bored with her.I think ending her will bring freshness to the stale wow story.I never cared about her victories or defeats.She is a generic emo character at her best, her most memorable moment is when Garrosh called her a b.tch…I just want new unique characters in the lore.

3 Likes

Listen, most Sylvanas fans are Forsaken fans. I said most because some aren’t. The Forsaken have been utterly decapitated this expansion. They have no home, no leader and no purpose. At this point there’s no reason for them to exist except for gameplay reasons. They’ve been done worse than Night elves. At least they have a leader and a purpose, however badly written they are.

If I were objective here, I would say Sylvanas being appointed as Warchief was a great decision done very wrong. It would’ve been a chance for them to redeem her, to give her a purpose, since revenge against Arthas was over long ago. I personally believe at the beginning of Legion she was being honest and I felt a great sense of pride when she spoke as a true Horde leader.

I’m not gonna lie, I wanted her to turn good.I wanted her to turn into someone who cares for the Horde, for a lack of words. Not the goody type of Anduin, but someone who genuinely cares. Not the type of Baine the Alliance lover either, just her old self with a different purpose. That didn’t happen, I’ll take it. I’m okay with what they did. I truly hope there’s more to the story as it would be a real shame for a 15 years old character to go down as a pure villain. I don’t believe they will do that, I still haven’t lost my faith in Blizzard.

4 Likes

Interesting you expect to see wholesome good ending Slyvanus still after all that.Night elf players would probably all commit seppuku together.In either way, I don’t think I’ll remember her other then ‘‘HoRde iS NotHing’’. ™ , no matter how hard they will try to Kerrigan v2. her.Just not one more expac with her that’s all I ask.

1 Like

But can you blame me for not wanting to lose the only remotely interesting character the Horde had left? I’m sorry for the Night elves but I don’t care that much about Teldrassil if I were honest. I care more about my side of the story, as they do, as everyone does really.

The sad part about BFA is whatever they do someone is going to be unhappy. It’s either they kill her off and disappoint her fans or they bring her back and annoy the others. That’s exactly why I decided to embrace whatever the end game story is. I’m ready for either to happen. If she goes down as villain I will root for her until the end. If she doesn’t, even better.

1 Like

Well that’s because you are not a night elf player, obviously.I am just making empathy, IF Quel’thalas got burned to the ground by one character’s actions and entire Blood elven race were helpless about it, without getting their revenge in one way atleast, it would suck.

And obviously don’t agree with her being interesting aswell, or this thread wouldn’t exists.So far, Slyvanas did what Slyvanas does since WCIII.Being aggressive, being sinister, being over-the-top.Worst of all? We still just don’t know what her end-game is, whatever story she HAS, it is always told in books, or web-stories, or comics? Do you get my point? We -never- even interacted with her in game whole damn expansion.She is simply not there, yet we are supposed to feel so much for her, and her motives…Just tired with her, I want a relatable character in-game, that we get to know.

Lor’themar in Thunder Island? Good example, game gave us a chance to tag along with him, he was relatable, made sense.Rexxar in BfA? Could’ve been better but still good, felt refreshing and we get to know his honorable side too at side, overall champion of the horde idd.Slyvanas was never a relatable lore character like those, so might aswell not steal the spot light without doing nothing in reality…

1 Like