Dilemma regarding Old Horde vs New Horde vs Alliance

I read the interview about Sylvanas and it got me confused. They say things like “They believe that Sylvanas is the person who will bring an end to this(the conflict).” and “Sylvanas is bringing something no one’s ever brought before.”. This implies that Sylvanas has a plan that will lead to peace, meaning no more Alliance versus Horde.

What is problematic is the fact that this game has always had Alliance and Horde at war because the 2 player factions exist and need to keep existing in this form until the end of WoW. The problem isn’t that at a lore level Sylvanas wants to bring peace for the Horde.

What starts bothering me is that Blizzard is insisting that Sylvanas is right, otherwise they wouldn’t be so stubborn in defending her. And I am not even referring to the morality side of her actions.

Blizzard put themselves into a tight spot, because at this point there are only two options, either Sylvanas is Garrosh 2.0, gets taken down and we continue to have the Alliance and Horde at war with eachother, or Sylvanas is successful and she achieves final peace for the Horde and maybe Alliance aswell, in a way or another, which means no more faction vs faction for the players or at least at lore level.

The second thing that bothers me is that there have been 3 BfA cinematics besides the intro one, all involving Saurfang and how he hates Sylvanas and what she turned the Horde into. Another big problem is that these cinematics are not in line with what Blizzard is saying about Sylvanas, they actually contradict eachother on a very high level.

It’s especially confusing when at times it feels there’s more conflict within the Horde than between the Horde and the Alliance. It feels very awkward even for an Alliance player such as myself seeing I am fighting against a mix of “Scourge” and Horde, but that mix is very off for itself. It feels like I am fighting against a couple with relationship issues. Not only that, but I also start sympathising with one of them, and I’m like this is messed up, which adds to the already existing confusion and awkwardness.

I can see what they are going for with Sylvanas, as I have been an Arthas fan, I am not judgemental towards characters and understand that Blizzard is trying to make a point with their storytelling. The big problem I have is that Blizzard is presenting the story of the Horde in a very split way which leads to contradicting itself.

They will make 2 factions wich will consist of all races and second is made of their undead counterparts…GOD PLEASE I HOPE NO

so we would have undead undead death Knights?

At the moment Blizzard is insisting that Saurfang is right. In fact we have the Moral Adventures of Saurfang and Honor Friends shoved up our throats with every update, like you said…

The contradiction being that they say it’s not gonna be MoP 2.0… while they continue to make the BfA story ridiculously similar to MoP.

I’m with you. There’s nothing worse than waiting to be “saved” by the Honor Buddies and the Alliance … again. Especially considering I really didn’t want to. I would guess that the next worst thing is to have to save me, even if you don’t want to.

Then you are more enlightened than me.

2 Likes

If the horde vs alliance stops, RIP wow and we need to find a new mmo to play. I doubt this will happen.

She wants war, and this is World of WARcraft. World of LOVEcraft is another thing i guess and thats why sylvanas is the coolest warchief after Garosh the allmighty.

He betrayed Garosh as well, that is nothing new. I saw a streamer/youtuber girl calling him an alliance lapdog and made my day. He is and if he wants peace and plans with Arduin they better make him join the alliance. Traitors not wanted!

I really think that sylvanas is pushing the alliance because of what arthas did to ther, after all shes been through with him cant blame her whatever she does vs the alliance.

After all, im a really hardcore Sylvanas fan. I do know this is world of warcraft unlike others and there are going to be conflicts between the 2 factions. But you should know and expect NOT ALWAYS the alliance to win… You had your win i guess back in SoO, i think its horde time to win this war one way or another.

As a Scourge fan I can see how players love the current Warchief. However the Horde cannot win in the true sense unless they defeat and conquer Alliance, and any lesser win is not really important because there will still be a war and nothing will really change.

I guess you can see it as which side had more casualties or territory losses, but for the players that doesn’t change much at the end of the day.

What is clear for me is either Sylvanas has to change in order to suit everyone in the Horde, not only the Undead, or the Horde in its entirety has to change to be in line with Sylvanas’ mentality.

I wouldn’t mind either way, it’s just that I would really like it if Blizzard made up their mind about what Horde as a faction means, where it is heading to and stick with it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.