Disable the use of alts on forums

they are all me lol … i could have a full on conversation with myself and no one would know any different lol.

2 Likes

-white noise-

How would the site know wich is your main tho, some people do not have mains and switch characters alot. So they might do the same on the forums. Would you suggest some sort of cooldown time on switching characters on the forums or would you expect people to pick 1 character and stick with it forever?

I just stick with mah boi here, because I like the transparency of knowing who I am corresponding with and them knowing in return. I think I posted on my Gnome -once- in a Gnome thread, to prove I had one, but otherwise, meh, what you see is what you get.

i used to post under “darthtoon or Pixelbear” on the old forums… but here i always posted on this char personally.

this one is my last surviving vanilla character though…

still original name too …

(twiggs again)

Please stop using that word, It’s very offensive and rude

Alts are for losers or people with way too much time on their hands.

I agree utterly with everything Soulclaimer said.

So do I! Losers…!

You better have red hair under that hood or… or…

Imgur

Agreed. Just let us use battlenet acc instead, would solve a lot of issues with little to none downsides.

Last time I checked, she was a :woman_red_haired: .

Obviously because she always looks like a hot mess :joy:

1 Like

Stopping classic plebs from posting here would be a welcome change.

I don’t see the rest working too great though. This used to be my main and is now technically an alt. I kept posting with it so I didn’t run into the logic in the OP (which I generally agree with).

6 Likes

I dont care what char ppl post on tbh, but if we posted under some battletag solution (if it works on other forums, why not here?) i wouldnt mind. I’ve seen ppl using several alts in same topic while at the same time claim they dont altpost, thats just silly :joy:

2 Likes

Personally I think people should just be able to see all your alts on the forums (without realm names) so they can see who is actually posting.

As for me, I can confirm I never use my alts on the forums

1 Like

they already do this on the hearthstone forums, so it shouldnt be that hard to implement it on the WoW forums. But using your ingame characters makes it feel just a bit more personal

I know, but it also opens up for flag abuse and trolling. Could post on one name and still be able to change your picture to whatever char u like maybe?

Why not just make the flag count accountwide instead of allowing one flag per character

4 Likes

The main value I find is being able to help people by immediately seeing the character on which they need help, checking gear, achievements, quests complete etc. Then there is the occasional fun thread … well, there used to be fun threads like everyone posting on Gnomes. :smiley:

And don’t people in RP threads use their powers of posting on multiple alts for good?

And, dammit, I want to keep posting on this character. I once used to post on my main mage, and then Blizzard deleted all of our characters and replaced them with changelings. :angry: I don’t want to swap to another posting character, and I don’t see any reason why I should.

That seems sensible, if multi-flagging is a problem. Even more sensible would be for the mods to impose penalties for multi-flagging - which they may already do, FAIK.

But once again - I just don’t seee it rising to the level of a problem that needs changing the forum system.

I think it was very good of Blizzard to modify the forum software to allow us to post on any of our characters, and I am sad and disappointed that some people want to delete that ability.

1 Like