Disappointment Instead Of Enjoyment

I just got the Horseman’s Reins (totally not a bragging thread).
But instead of feeling enjoyment at getting it, I feel slightly disappointed. The enjoyment of Hallow’s end was running the dungeon for the mount, even if you didn’t get it, there was still the enjoyment of knowing that it could be there on your next run.

Does anyone else get the same? When you work towards something, only to get it and then feel hollow afterwards.

2 Likes

Can understand, but don’t relate…
I feel good for finally getting something and never having to worry about farming it again and again.

20 Likes

Not me. Once a grind is over I never look back.

8 Likes

I got it last year and yea thankfully it’s over. Wish the model was updated though… I never use it

2 Likes

dont worry looks outdated next to a warlock class mount :-p

1 Like

When I had finished Mecha done achievement for the mount, I promised myself to never ever do this type of big grind again, then in two weeks I was working on Daughter of the Jade mount from TW.
But this time it was small grind, but long, that’s how I explain my obsessive behaviour.

Luckily I don’t have any more mounts I want now, except the 2017 Blizzcon ones, but I am not gonna spend irl cash. So I am done.

At least I hope I am, this is getting out of hand otherwise.

I feel the same. I get more excited thinking I’d get the thing I was farming for in this run, rather than actually being excited after I get it. Even though I feel good about the mount dropping and not having to run that raid again, I also feel hollow afterwards too. It’s the anticipation I guess. So far there’s only been 2 mounts that I’ve never felt hollow after I got them and remained being excited about them.

1 Like

Pretty much the only purpose of wow events

Should add more, maybe even some max lvl content

It’s the nature of high-RNG drops.

Feel a momentary happy, followed by disappointment.

I think my longest grind was Ji-Kun - 250+ kills. Just felt relief.

Got it for a while now, but that didn’t stop me from running the dungeon. Pretty easy xp for alts. And up to a point I enjoy doing it.

Still grinding for that pink rocket though. Have 29 chars ready for it this year… might have 33 when it finally starts (I know its insane, its the only farm I put this much effort into though). That drop rate is just ridiculous compared to the rest.

But no I don’t get that feeling, I just move on to a next grind and am happy that I have what I wanted.

Its been like years like that for me, i only check each year to see if there are some new rewards like the horse costume froma few years back

And this year i got my brewfest kodo back again so i will never bother with the brewfest either anymore

You got addicted to chase, the target is unimportant :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not really … it took me nearly 300 attempts to get the Rivendare mount to drop and my over-riding thought was of relief that I’d never ever have to do that dungeon again. I wish I could get the same feeling from the horseman’s reins but he’s determined to make my life a misery every October.

I suppose I should say gratz on the drop, but it’s through very gritted teeth :wink:

That’s because you didn’t want the mount, you wanted the hunt.

Find something different to chase you kitty cat.

1 Like

Dude right with you on that, I started to play wow more full on in Legion I had never farmed a mount before nor even fought the horsemen but I started to. I loved running the dungeon at the time I had 10 alts and I ran it on all of em it was great the whole atmosphere felt electric and fun… But on the final day of hallows end on my last alt the reins dropped (that’s after I got everything else he dropped slicer etc) and at the time I felt euphoric I had finally got the reins my first ever holiday mount I was really really lucky to get them and it was awesome.

But the following year hallows end came again and even though I ran the dungeon a few times and loved it the charm had a gone I was running it l for nostalgia now nothing else.

So yeah it made me sad and I’m even sadder this year because there’s no point of me collecting candy’s or running the dungeon because there isn’t anything new again :sob:. My most favourite holiday has been left on the side lines like trial of style has been.

The same thing happened to me with Bleach anime 8 years ago. I watched 300 episode at least by skipping some filler episodes (Normally 366).

I watched and finished the last episode… And then I stopped for a moment and thought “What now?..”

I kept watching it in order to see the final just like you farming to see that drop, when that final moment comes it feels confusing.

You mean, a make believe world did not give you any IRL satisfaction?
Who would have thought…

Find stuff to feel satisfied IRL, its the only one that counts anyways.

I feel on top of the world when I get something I’ve been farming for.

Sorry to hear you feel disappointed :frowning:

1 Like

Well with my mog from Legion it does look outdated no matter what ^^

I guess Illidan was right, the hunter really is nothing without the hunt.

2 Likes