Disc priest low healing scoreboard

Hi, first of all this problem isn’t about myself, just someone who happens to be in the team I do rated bg with.

First of all, let’s make sure: some people say damage is irrelevant in bgs, some people say it’s paramount, I think it’s somewhere in the middle, as in that objectives are more important but that your damage needs to be competitive to have a chance against a team who’s also objective focused.

Is it the same for healing, or are you telling me you can have 2 mil healing while the other 2 healers do 4-5 each and all is fine?

Assuming it’s not, which is what I think, what do you think could cause this particularly low healing?

What I can tell you is item level is decent, around 405, disc traits are there, I’ve also tried to look into talents with the priest, currently trying twist of fate, masochism, power word solace, shining force, sins of the many, purge the wicked and lenience.

From what I saw on higher hps disc priests here, the most reasonable swaps would be castigator in t1 and contrition instead of sins I think, could it make a decent difference?

Pvp talents are medallion, archangel, dark archangel, ultimate radiance, which is also exactly like a disc I saw on enemy team who did a lot more healing in the same bg, the only idea I have here is, could the one that makes power word barrier stronger be better than dark archangel, considering it’s still a heal spec?

But apart from this, I think there could be some rotational issues or something like that to explain this about 50% missing healing, but I’m a dps, never healed except for proving grounds and in that case I was on a pala, so I don’t really know what the problem could be, is there anything that comes to mind that a disc priest could do wrong\forget to do that would cause a 50% healing loss compared to similarly geared discs?

You can have a detailed representation what exactly is happening with the addon “details”, there you can compare each and every spell, heal outcome, buffs etc among the various players

To my knowledge discs are supposed to be very strong in ®BG thanks to Atonement.

Regarding talents, the reason why Castigation on first row + Contrition on idk what row are chosen is because the gameplan is apply Atonement on allies that will tale damage or have taken damage (instant Radiance honor talent helps with that, but shield also), deal damage with Solace to regenerate mana and heal with atonement, heal up a target with Penance to heal everyone with atonement with Contrition, smite to deal damage and heal with atonement, refresh atonement if needed and repeat. There is some nice synergy here because if penance has one more bolt then contrition heals more. If no big healing is required Penance can be used offensively to heal up everyone in the atonement with the damage instead of healing everyone with contrition + the target with penance itself.

Why no Sins of the Many ? Because its effect is reduced for every player with atonement, and in a BG that’s supposed to be a lot of people.

As for Twist of fare it only triggers on a target that is low on health. That’s a talent made to fight cc based comps in arena, when you exit the chain your teammate will be below 35%, but for BGs you don’t want people to be often below 35%, so you will waste the talent more often than not.

The key is keeping atonement on the people who take or will take damage. Waiting for all the important atonements to fade before reapplying will be a great healing loss because some people will be left without it while the disc reapplies (it’s not a good idea to reapply with radiance all the tileas it takes a lot of mana). Also, using Solace on cooldown is maybe the most important thing as it heals a nicr amount through atonement and gives mana back. The more mana a disc generates with it, the more he can heal. Next up, consider Purge the Wicked as a HoT on allies. When it deals damage to an enemy it heals EVERYONE with atonement. It’s going to be important to have several Purge the Wicked rolling as it will generate a lot of healing. Imagine you have atonement on 5 allies, and apply Purge thr Wicked on 5 enemies, every ally will take the healing of the five tics, resulting in 25 tics of healing in atonement. This is often underestimated.

So :

• Atonement management
  • Mana management with solace
  • Keeping the DoT up on many enemies to generate more healing.
  • If soft aoe healing is needed, deal damage to heal with atonement
  • if big aoe heal is needed use power word radiance and then focus on dealing damage as long as the atonement it applied lasts
  • if single target healing needed on someone use Penance on an ally
  • if single target healing is needed and Penance is on cooldown or if you have stacks of Depths of the Shadows use Shadowmend on an ally

This is some kind of prio list a bit dumbed down. It means in the long run if you have atonement on the people who need it (like, don’t overdo it and don’t apply it to EVERYONE all the time), Solace comes back off cd and you were applying some Purge the Wicked you stop what you’re doing and you use Solace before applying more purges, as it will net you more healing when the fight is over because you won’t be oom as fast. But ofc if someone is on 5% and solace comes off cd, Shadowmend the guy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks, that’s a very detailed answer, as someone who doesn’t have any disc healing experience, and no healing experience at all in bgs, it’s useful to get an idea of what might be wrong, I’ll try asking the priest about the rotation or indeed as someone suggested, check with details addon.

1 Like

I personally use twist and often masochism in bgs. Contrition can be good, but for overall healing throughput it doesnt matter much as you will use penance offensively in most cases - at least in team fights when you have other healers around to rely on.

The biggest change is probably swapping dark arch for prem. It extents your atonements, and in combination with archangel you’ll be able to have very high uptime.

I havent really tried trinity in bgs after they removed the 3 targets cap, but i imagine it could be useful in some bgs, depending on the scale of the fights.

Using rapture at the right times is also crucial.

As disc u need to do DAMAGE, every penance must be on enemy, trinity and talent reducing penance cd when u smite, always keep atonment on 3+ players and spam dmg, shadow mend on group fight only to bait kick do u can smite and penance, u never use radiance, disc is like resto druid on rbgs but better cause can do same dmg as lowest dps od more if some are retarded

Yes disc need to do damage. If you want to heal only , go holy. They have better manaregenaration.

I played rated bgs on undead disc priest on legion. Holy was making more healing with his insane mana.

Yes im sure that works when you’re trained or they focus target instead of doing spread damage.

Also @OP - while those numbers vs others indeed are low it depends on the circumstance i was once kicked from a rbg pug on my rsham cause i was behind say 20% the other 2 healers - however they didnt bother checking i was top with interrupts, 120 dispels ahead (and we had a disc whose job was to spam dispels) AND i was trained so hard i raked about 45% dmg taken.

That being said the issue here is probably not keeping enough atonements up if he spreads them up with shield keeps purge the wicked on as many targets as humanly possible he will get better numbers.
Also probably a playstyle prefference but i rather castigation+contrition for better healing cause u rake most dmg from ur dots in rbg anyway.

Exactly what traits are you using?

About twist of fate use… I guess it has some uptime in bg’s, but in general schism and sins of the many synergise well. Either that or castigation/contrition, which is a more defensive spec.

I don’t really do rated bg’s myself, but from what I read it’s seems to be mostly about spreading dots, keeping up atonements with premed and then doing offensive penances (it adds to the offensive pressure on top of healing people).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.