Dk pvp suggestions for dragonflight

hello, i would like to add really few things that i believe would make the dk in pvp really fun and competitive to play again. as dk is one of the rly few classes with rly low utility and dmg that heavily relies on meta/pvp balance with hotfixes etc there are few talents/spells i would like to see coming back in dragonflight.

a) the talent that was available during legion which was making empower rune weapon grant gradually runes and runic power instead of insta and had a cd of 1min. this was a really really good pair with pillar of frost and was rly fun to have quick goes each min.

b) remove the global cd from grip. grip the most iconic dk spell. when it used to be off gcd it was really really fun to counter many things insta like insta grip casts, or insta grip enemies from my party members or even enemies into aoe stuns etc.

c) as dk lacks a lot of utility i would like to see heartstop aura coming back. this spell on its own was enough to bring dk into glad/rank 1 combos. heartstop is a really good talent (no idea why it was removed in the first place) as not only it increases the time of big cd’s but also messes up with muscle memory rotation of many classes that have a rotation of few spells with 5-15 sec cooldowns.

d) necrotic strike. necrotic strike is a really iconic dk ability which is now long forgotten like gargoyle. it heavily enhances the class fantasy and would be really nice to be brought back.

1 last thing. all these changes aim to either add some fun to the class like the first 2 or bring a really good reason to bring a dk in a rank 1 3v3 combo despite class tuning. to make this clearer, as despite the dmg output, rogues will always be really good pvp classes thanks to kidney and blind, mages thanks to poly, warriors thanks to mortal strike, etc i believe dk should retain big pvp talents like heartstop aura or necrotic strike that would make dks relevant in all meta despite the pvp tuning

4 Likes

well they nerfed abom limb so they are reading the feedback. :D:D:D LOL

dk being s tier for 1 month during the last 2-3 years lets nerf it lol

3 Likes

Let us Lichborn friendly players and spam Deatcoil on them! :sunglasses:

1 Like

because it is a broken op ability that required 0 skill but made everyone miserable.
Bonus points using delirium on top of it.

was impossible to balance with 6 death runes.
I think if it used runic power it would be very interesting as it basically would replace e.g. frost strike but there isn’t really anything special about it. To be better than frost strike in the first place the healing absorb needs to be much larger than frost strikes dmg as it isn’t dmg in the first place as it only prevents healing

maybe just give it an MS effect, considering all melees except 2.5 have it (unholy has a similar effect thats why i count it as 0.5)

1 Like

Yeah, it was kinda over the top going with both, however i still believe it was such a nice “Enough of your BS” PvP talent.

I do remember a post back from BFA, when a healer complained that it “only” took 2 UH dk’s spamming Necrotic Strike to kill them (Before the nerf). Good times.

Back on topic though. Lichborne should get it’s own PvP talent that empowers it. Either makes us refund 20 RP if the DC is used to heal ourselves during it, or that it doubles the healing it does while doing the combo.

Right now it’s a heal that require the use of a CD, but only has the same effect as a Death Strike.

I like the fantasy of the unstoppable Juggernaut that Death Knights should be, the least mobile melee but the most defensive one. However a lot of classes still got about the same amount of defensives, combined with a lot more mobility.

If you have the ability to disengage out of melee and recouperate while the other class can’t, then the least mobile class should always automatically win if you just try to Zugzug them down in melee without any consideration.

1 Like

i think lichborne was technically never intended as heal cd.
guess it was more of becoming immune to certain ccs which does it somewhat. in a world where we had a lot of kiss curse abilities it would be good but right now it is the only one so kinda crap.

definitely should do more with it, but i dont think dks need yet another heal cd considering they already have death pact, sacrifice and death strike and soon anoter one that heals when you drop low

Maybe, but the charm of Lichborne is the ability to heal without having to be in melee range, it just feels so gimped. And the new talent ability that will give you the instant heal, it think would be circa 10k or less healing per person within range of it on a 3min CD once activated.

I see your point though, currently the issue with Dk’s is it feels like we are wearing paper armour, which we have to counter by having a lot of healing with less defensives that most other classes.

would be maybe interesting if lichborne gives 200% armor or something.

guess the real abilitirs that dks are missing is death siphon or what it was called and converse life or something?
i mean those where cool. stuff like death pact can just die in a fire totally garbage

It is very risky in a bursty environment. Yes you gain 50% of your health, but you get a 30% heal absorb too. I’ve had many moments in arena Skirmish where the other DK had it, and it caused the healer to be unable to keep up with the healing cause of it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.