DK survivability

is very weak
Against casters it’s decent because of ams and amz . Also I can survive against burst with death strikes. Keep in mind that with heartstop aura removal, say mages will get combustion much faster than DK’s AMZ

But the main issue in my opinion is sustained physical damage, which is insane to play against as DK. I feel like cloth user, not plate one. Warrior got defense stance and ignore pain, die by the sword with 1.5 min cd with conduit.
Dk got 2.5 min icebound cd with conduit, which is just 30% damage reduction and min healing death strikes with mortal wound are just nothing.

Give us more base armor on Veteran of the third war passive? or just flat physical damage reduction? Or buff death strike MINIMUM healing in pvp(which is currently nerfed) a bit?

I hope they do something about it, bcs against physical damage dealers I’m a dead man if I don’t kite for like 2 sec and sometimes I just can’t kite(BM hunters/ferals)

1 Like

DK has always been squishy but it made up for it with the sustained self healing capibilities through ds and conversion etc but after it was nerfed not once but twice during bfa it now heals for next to nothing. Death strike has been gutted and it’s a huge part of why dk is garbage right now. Let’s not even get started on their dmg and burst in comparison to other melee.

1 Like
Or buff death strike MINIMUM healing in pvp(which is currently nerfed) a bit?

Deathstrike heal is actually good, but you`ll need to time it right. What they can do is lower the RP cost of deathstrike/

stop trolling, death strike has been gutted. You shouldnt need to be rekt for 60% of your pool before u can get a meaningful heal off especially when palas, enha, and ferals can just press 1 global to full hp despite whatever dmg they have taken. Not only that they can heal other people, we can’t deathstrike our teams hp up when their in trouble.

The only melee that can’t heal for absurds amount is dh’s and ww’s and rogues. Ferrari melee that if good won’t let you touch them when you start ramping up.

Their topping themselves from half hp to full taking whatever dmg but if we ds from just normal rotation its 3-4k hp and that’s assuming you don’t have a ms and that you can actually hit a target and havent hit into some sort of immunity or disarm.

2 Likes

DS heal for nothing, especially if u have MS effect on you.

3 Likes

That’s strange, your character might be bugged, since I heal 10-15ks with Deathstrike.

Let the joke aside, deathstrike heals are huge, it just can’t be use to constantly top you off.

Why u renamed after reaching the achi?

I lose 80% of my health in 1 hit then regenerate 7% back from a deathstrike

its broken in pvp atleast

You’re the only person who has a geared dk that i’ve seen say that. I completely disagree though.

Once you take into account ms and the fact that you have to get blasted in order to actually gain a noticeable amount of hp doesn’t feel anywhere near huge to me.

First off Death Strike is avaviable way more often than WoG is for a Paladin, for most parts we can only heal ourself with the free uses because using HP for it means being without our AM. Of course in PvP its abit more often since AM aint as important to have up 24/7 there.

2nd its far from a full heal, we need to get hit quite low and the WoG needs to crit and as a Prot Paladin you got like 10% crit tops. Just did 20 WoG’s at 25% health and the healing span was 14.4k-29.9k healed. The average heal was 21k and taking me to around 55% health. Of course when wings is up and you crit you can top yourself but on average its more likely it takes you to 50-60% give or take when used when needed.

Not to mention if we’re talking PvP, WoG is nerfed and we got healing reductions on us.

And looking at some logs from Sire Mythic they average 18k on WoG because in a real fight you can’t always wait until your at sub 20% its way to risky on bosses that hits as hard as Sire.

I’m not sure why you’re mentioning Death Strike and WoG in PvE at all. The complaints that most DKs have about Death Strike is that it’s bad in PvP, because its healing is nerfed by 50% in PvP. WoG is objectively superior to DS in PvP in every possible way.

1 Like

And he also brought up paladins healing themself to full in a global which aint really the case 95% of the time they cast WoG.

But they do get much more powerful heals with WoG than DKs do with DS, don’t need to be in melee range and can even heal other players. Maybe they can’t top themselves 100% of the time, but WoG is still a far more reliable heal than Death Strike.

Are u trying to compare wog to ds? Prot palas were literally acting as a full time healer up until recently because of how broken wog was. Wog was so powerful it’s considered a lay on hands even by retri standards. Sure it’s been nerfed but it’s still giga powerful and the fact that it’s a instant cast and can be used on team mates make it vastly better than death strike already

The only way you prevent a wog is through hard cc. Ds can be kited, disarmed, cc’d and it can miss if the dk uses it into immunity

If you’re talking about timing then I guess you understood that I’m talking about 20% of all damage taken in the last 5 sec?
I’m not, that healing is fine and 40% would be broken AF.
But 6.3% of max HP heals me(227 ilvl like urself) for 3800 with mortal wound it’s less and to heal even a little more than that, I’d need to take 18k+ damage in the last 5 sec.

But hey, whatever, perhaps with more HP it’ll eventually stronger with each patch.
But that’s not even what my post is about and it was only one of my suggestion(lol like someone cares about suggestions). A lot of classes just shred through DK, for example like I mentioned BM, don’t you agree?

Deathstrike is so outdated atm… I dont even understand how someone can say its “fine” here.
It was nerfed in bfa due to the HP pools and damage scaling. WE had 500k+ hp pools. With relatevely low dps . In season one and two BFA we were doing similar dps to what we do now. Not consistant but burst wise. SOme classes right now can legit burst 20k dps in few seconds. So with those huge HP pools %HP based abilities were very strong. Not OP but strong and resulted to the annoying long dampening arena play that many of us hated. Especially with the bunch of stupid absorb shield items people could stack at one point.
So it was nerfed. Because healing for 40% of ur HP with 1 death strike could result to a 120-200k hp heals.
And now we have absolutely different scene. HP pools are at 40-45k. WHy the damn nerf still stays?! There are hybrid classes that heal more than the healing specs. While we play with 2% haste our rune and rp regen is slow AF and we must sacrifice that slowly generated runic power and sacrifice half of our damage to spend on 2-3 death strikes that heals next to nothing.
Dont even mention our IBF… 3 min cd??? CMon. Put the stun immunity on Lichborne. Make cd IBF down to 1.5min cd with no stun immunity.
Unnerf death strike for pvp.

Dont even wanna talk about damage and other abilities… class is so outdated for the current pvp season its just funny at this point. Unholy is left as the “pve” spec and everyone pretend it does not exist.

2 Likes

embrace blizzards clown ride my man, smile and laugh :clown_face:

1 Like

i am 226ilvl in fully pvp gear and i heal myself in pvp for 4k per death strike my man. i wish i would heal for 14k consistently. for a DK to heal he uses 35 out of his 100 runic power and has to be in melee range and then it only heals for 5% max hp in pvp.

i doubt you can really say it is fine

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.