Do failed free transfers expire/cancel at some point

I got this error during my attempt to do a free transfer to Mograine:

“Please address these issues”: The transfer is not currently available for this character’s faction.

For an entire day, I have this cogwheel on my character. I can’t really change my faction, so what can I do now? Even if I change my faction, I have characters with horde in the other server, so it still wouldn’t go through.

If I use change faction in WoTLK, would I keep my achievements - like the one for killing faction leaders?

I tried it yesterday and mine disappeared when I logged out.

My cogwheel is present ever since I tried it. It disappears only after I try the paid transfer. Even so, whenever I relog to the server it appears again. I believe it disappears only in UI sometimes, but it persists in DB.

I think, they are fixing it now. At least, it could be the bug they temporarily closed the transfers for. Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available-- Updated 22 November - #651 by Kaivax

1 Like

I think so. But my best guess is either it has 0% to do with my effort (although I spammed a lot) or they believed me just after they tried to execute my transfer and found it for themselves.

It was funny how even if I mention briefly about free transfer cogwheel of death (in my ticket), they just used it as an excuse to type their “can’t bypass limitations” crap.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.