Do I need to select classic WoW for "vanilla" or can I do that content in WotLK?

So if I understood correctly you can select to play classic WoW instead of WotLK, but I was wondering if it’s necessary or if you can experience all the vanilla stuff in wotlk?

It is not the same the elite quest is no longer elite in wrath and questing low level in wrath is super easy. And you will only see other bots while leveling and not other human players. Kinda empty world.
The classic world is more alive and the struggle is more real. But if it is end game that is your journey then wrath is your game.

1 Like

Yes, the HPs of elites in WOTLK is a joke.

Same stuff? Yes. Same peasure and gameplay? No.

Depends what is vanilla exp for you. Leveling easier. Many elites became normal enemies or nerfed, more exp from quests, dungeon loot was buffed. You don’t do vanilla raids attunements in wrath, you don’t do that stupid tier 0.5 quest chain, nax is a joke comparing to vanilla.

Oh, so there are people still playing the classic WoW?

What about Burning Crusade, if I choose to play a blood elf? Is that alive or would you then suggest wotlk?

No Blizzard failed to provide a TBC option. You are forced to play era classic, WotLK or Retail and probably next year a new season (no details available) based on classic.

Classic Era will never advance to anything else, it will stay Vanilla.

Wrath has all of that in it BUT no one plays it so you can’t stop at 60 and 70 to do raids at those levels.

You cannot move from Classic Era to Wrath either.

So, would you suggest only playing Classic WoW? Why does no one play Wrath?

People do play wrath, you just need to pick the right realm. Not all realms are full of players and in Wrath none are connected.

It depends on what you want out of the game as to where you play. Just so you know, World PvP is extinct on Wrath realms. All PvP realms are either all one faction, which makes them practically PvE realms, or empty. If you do make a character of the lesser faction, World PvP is basically ganking and camping you.

PvE content at 60 and 70 is basically level 80s boosting.

Absolutely.

The most important part to make your choice.

Alright, thanks. I’ll make one character for classic then and a blood elf for wrath. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.