Do rogue need some solid design nerfs?

The reason for few Rogues being top of the ladder is they are actually crazy good.

Rogue is strong no doubt. But DH / DK and warlock are stronger.

people are just complaining about rogue cause they don’t know how to play against it. For example: in 2v2 facing a very good Dh + Reston Druid there is very little chance we can win a game.

Rogue/mage is almost every season tier 1
But the strongest comps are mainly pve dampers. Rogues have rarely been overrepresented in ladder.
How most people act like rogue is overpowered and the reason people cannot climb in rating is beyond my understanding.

Not sure if i should laugh or cry cos can’t recognize difference between obvious troll and serious rmp brain nowadays.

The most annoying to me is the fact that you can no longer punish them when you find a rogue cause of subterfuge, you got silence/cheap anyway (not sure if can still sap).

1 Like

You have access to every stealty based ability when in Subterfuge, Sap included. But usually when you get found as a Rogue the enemy team is smart enough to immediately get in combat by healing the guy who found you or hitting you so you can’t sap because they’re in combat. If a guy is dumb enough not to enter combat then it’s a sap.

Becouse rogue is a noob friendly class

It can get high and perform good, just by doing pve rotation and pressing kidney on cd.

alot of classes has a hard time dealing with that pressure, and none of the rogues cc shares dr with mages cc. Rogue survived the pruning, better than most classes.

Or maybe your mate is close to you so he can step sap/cheap and he is not retarded for that, there is nothing he can do :confused:

Well it’s a matter of who reacts the fastest. If say you pop me out when your mate is near you and I can step you guys itns between me ans your mate who reacts first. It’s not like there is no counter for the sap, he just needs to be faster than me reaction wise.

The cheap will land though unless the class that spots me can micro cc me for the duration of Subterfuge. Like Conflag root. Not all classes can, obviously.

Yes pretty much this, but I think the rogue got the advantage cause you were going already with a goal. And the guy is just waiting and looking around him and got the ‘’ surprise’’ but yeah it depend mostly on reaction and toolkit.

This isn’t entirely true. Rogues don’t roam around with the finger right on step sap focus expecting to be spotted and waiting for it. The goal is not to get found.

However the team of the guy who is trying to find the rogue has nothing to do but wait for the rogue to get found or open. So they can just wait to react as close to instantly as possible. They really have nothing else to do because if they get opened on they’ll be in cc ansmd unable to act anyways.

Y but maybe he can pop behind you or get found in front of you and it’s already too late. But anyway you got silence/cheap into a poly and there is nothing you can do at this point :confused:

Yeah but even in AWC it wasn’t often that the opener was double cheap kidney into sheep clone, for the simple reason that there is a GCD gating the opener of the Rogue leaving the second and thirs target time to throw stuff. Also, not being packed in melee range at start but leaving distance/being slightly out of LoS (like one yard, so the rogue can’t step) of other tem members so the Rogue can’t triple CC is something that needs to be done.

it doesn’t even matter if rogue is currently good or bad, but playing against rogue mage is the pinnacle of anti fun and always have been since TBC.
Mostly it is just paired with that both classes are usually top tier, so makes it even more annoying to play against. 8s stun or how much it is nowadays is really not fun… at least the stupid retri stun can be dispelled

15 years later they still whine about kidney shot :smile:

Btw i love speccing into deeper stratagem for 6 combo point finishers in BGs. Sometimes i can feel the despair of sitting a 7 sec kindney shot seeping thru my monitor.

Feels good man :smile:

Does deeper strata really prolong the kidney to 7 sec? Thought it was nerfed back in Legion due to outlaw 10 sec stuns (or however long they were).

No!
It makes more sense from a lore standpoint but it’s painful to actually play.

What am I even reading here? Rogues are fine? Joking right? They do far too much damage for the amount of utility they have Nd I’m talking about in a PvP setting.

They need a PvP damage nerf or a utility nerf or other classes need more buttons to press.

The one change I want to see is rogues being punished if they get caught before they open up on you.
At the moment you catch a rogue and they still have 3 seconds to cast their stealth abilities. Which usually consists of them cheap shotting and running round pillars till they can restealth.
I’d also like to see stealth have a small cooldown added if stealth is broken by an enemy.
I also want their heal removed but I want all heals removed from none hybrid classes. So that’s more a universal nerf.

remember when stealth actually had a 10s and then 6s cd? good times

1 Like

Ye 6 CP kidney lasts 7 sec.

No one specs into deeper stratagem tho.

Maybe sub would, if it wasn’t the worst spec in the game lol.

6 CP Kidney lasts 7s only in PvE. In PvP hard stuns have been capped to 6s after WoD Combat Rogues fiasco with Revealing Strike > Kidney > Vanish Garrote every minute.