Do you support Alliance genocide of Horde races?

I for one do.

Yes, this may seem counterintuitive, considering I am a Horde player, but consider this from a storytelling perspective. The Alliance will stop feeling impotent and will enact actual retribution for the years of Horde aggression, while the Horde will actually fight for a decent cause - staying alive.

So I am all for the Alliance exterminating the orcs and the Forsaken, and their allies as well. Enough with this peace-loving bull, give me the final solution to the Horde question.

7 Likes

Freedom and mercy shall purify the blighted world, not ruthlesness and cruelty. The High King shall set the Horde on the path of redemption once the Lich Queen is gone, rather than burn it to ashes.

1 Like

I don’t think that genocide should be showed as “retribution”. It’s cruel, it’s vengane.

Well, if the Nightborne would be neutral or Alliance, I don’t know about you Mequelet, but I wouldn’t be Horde
So my answer is a not suprising: they sould have done it years ago
The Forsaken were victims… but that ship is long gone, around the time when they started their experiments on the living and weaponized the Blight… oh, and started to “prolong their species” by killing/rising
The Orc’s crime list is long…
The Trolls… well the Darkspear and the Zandalari never really did anything against the Alliance, except supported the Orcs, so they could live (but watched)
Like the Taurens, they are in the most unfortunate honor-bound situation that could exist, they are chained to the Horde, while they would be fine without it, more than fine, better…
Like the Sin’dorei (especially after their redemption and Valen stuff)
The Goblins would flee anyway at the first sign of real war and retribution from the Allieance part, but as far as I’m concerned, there is enough room for them on the Orc corpse pile
What the Shal’Dorei doing in the Horde is beyond me… we should be drinking Arcwine with our Sin’dorei borthers in Silvermoon or Suramar…
That 3 pandaren that remained Horde could live

2 Likes

See, Thyrellas, I want this kind of mentality from the Alliance. I want them to commit righteous genocide against the Horde. Stakes have to be high for the story to be interesting, and as of now, the stakes are only high for the Alliance.

8 Likes

It would at least be interesting if this choice we really get:

Peace or retaliation, because only then shows which wood the players of the alliance are cut from. She’d come to the test with it as much as the Horde would.

And it would be the decision of the community in the end, for which more decide in the quest, which becomes the Lore.

I want people who want genocide and try to get it through to be part of the Alliance (if the factions have to persist). I don’t want genocide to be the Alliance policy, carried by the player and a unified leadership.

3 Likes

Well summarized.

As the Alliance’s overall policy? No, but as a current within the alliance I certainly want it.

1 Like

So do I, but right now I feel really spiteful and just want the Alliance leadership to go crazy so that Alliance players would feel the same conflicted emotions that we felt under Sylvanas and Garrosh.

3 Likes

I want Silvermoon to burn for their long history of betrayals. But genocide? I could only see it happening for the Forsaken to be purged en masse for their -very considerable- list of crimes.

I would like the Alliance to go genocidal. This is the second time in 4 years the Horde have turned evil, who on the planet would allow the Horde to exist after everything they have done and are still doing?

Why is it only now the Horde are seeing the errors of its ways because Baine was imprisoned? The Horde I use to like is dead and no matter how the story goes its reputation has been permanently tainted.

I would like the Alliance to go on a mass retribution spree and indiscriminately murder any Horde they come across. I would like to see the Horde put under a brutal occupation at the very minimum for all the damage they have caused. I would like to see every Forsaken systematically killed as they are just a blight to both the people living on Azeroth and the story writing.

I would love to see the arc of “they did it to us so we did it back to them”, “we had no choice” and “they were going to do it to us” (etc…) kind of arc which turns the Alliance very dark. And it would be the best way to do it as well given what has happened.

@Thyrellas

If it wasn’t for gameplay then the Horde would have crumbled in on itself. Half of the races within the Horde shouldn’t be there but are. And even the core races like the Tauren would have left by now, this isn’t the Horde what saved them all them years ago.

But ye I might have got a bit extreme there xd. But seriously tho’ if the Horde has any independence after this war and/or anyone and everyone responsible for all the warcrimes committed gets to live from this is beyond me. There is no Garrosh to scrape the warcrimes on this time, no Kor’kron to be disbanded and trialed. Every Horde soldier seems intent with murdering for the sake of it and most leaders are fine with it unless something happens to their people.

6 Likes

I think the Alliance should do more shady/dark things. Show perspectives that neither is good and neither is bad. The stories of white knights coming in to save damsels in distress from the evil orcs and their red dragon pets aren’t such compelling stories anymore.

8 Likes
1 Like

At least there should be a real divide within the alliance, concering this question. You still can have the Anduin camp, vying for another peace with the Horde, once Sylvanas is gone. But such a position is boring and nonsensical, when it doesnt struggle against its counterpart. And the Titans know, parts of the alliance have more then enough reasons to say: “Alright, its finally enough. You had your chance after the second war. You had your chance after Mt. Hyjal. You had your chance after the fall of garrosh. Not one more time. This war will be fought until the bitter end.”

That would be an actual, intersting plot. Imagine Saurfangs rebellion overthrowing Sylvanas and him and the other horde leaders wanting to start peace negotiations, only for the alliance to say: “No. Till the last men, it is.” If would give the blue team finally some teeth.

9 Likes

Yes, exactly.

Personally, i’m not asking for the Horde to get away with anything after this. But neither am I going to say they should bow down to the Alliance or allow themselves to be fitfully dismantled. That doesn’t make sense for the Horde to do so.

Anduin, Saurfang and Baine can have their peaceful crowd if on the instance that Sylvannas is indeed overthrown, but neither do I want it to be suddenly peace for all.

There’s a difference between refusing to declare peace, and expecting your recepients - especially of the Horde’s caliber - to completely bow down to said demands.

3 Likes

Do I support Alliance genocide of Horde races?

:thinking:

No.

It doesn’t fit the Alliance characters’ moral compasses to go to such extremes, even if presented with the opportunity.

I think the focus is to beat the Horde into submission, hold the leadership accountable for its crimes, and to dictate the path going forward post-war.

Basically how it’s done in real-life in many situations.

For me the Alliance are to a large degree a reflection of real-life morals, values, culture and behaviors. So I usually want their actions to be 21st-century approved, so to speak. It’s something I want to be able to resonate with. And when there are dilemmas or conflicts , then I want to be understanding of those too. And when there are wrong-doings, then I want them to feel like wrong-doings to me too.

But yeah, no genocide.
I do however quite like the fact that the faction war is making the Alliance make some small errors of judgement now and then. Again, it’s a perfect reflection of real-life. Try as you might to avoid it, every war will claim lives of innocent civilians. War is not pretty.

Would I understand it? Yes. Supporting it is another question, but it’s understandable if some members of the Alliance would want to exterminate either some races of the Horde, or all of them. The Alliance has been pushed a lot of times, and with the Burning of Teldrassil, there is little reason to not dismantle the Horde. Even after genociding a relatively peaceful race, the majority of the Horde still supports Sylvanas, with only very few actually acting as rebels. Why would you want to give them another chance? Wouldn’t they continue to push and provoke the Alliance even with another Warchief?

I personally wouldn’t support it (although I would support genociding the Forsaken), but it’d make for an interesting scenario and it’d give more depth to the Alliance. Not everyone would agree with Anduin’s desire for peace with the Horde.

1 Like

#GarithosWasRight.

#DaelinWasRight

#JainaWasRight

#BurnSilvermoonForJaina

3 Likes

according to the datamined lines from 8.1.5 the only leader that really supports Sylvanas seems to be the Mag’har lady. Every other leader is more like “wait for our chance”.

Which is why I mentioned specifically the Burning of Teldrassil. And it’s not 8.1.5 yet. Even worse, apparently it takes a Horde leader behind bars to make the faction leaders think twice about Sylvanas’ leadership.

2 Likes