Do you support Alliance genocide of Horde races?

Well, we really don’t know what they think about it, but Lor’themar mentions a “growing rift within the Horde” since teldrassil, so i don’t think all of them support her.

“A growing rift” is vague, and can be anything. As we have seen within the game, only a handful of Horde members actually act upon their beliefs that the Horde should become more honourable (Saurfang, Zekhan, and later, Baine) by acting against Sylvanas.

Of all leaders, Thalyssra, Mayla, Rexxar, Garona, Eitrigg and Lilian don’t mention the Burning of Teldrassil but only speak about Baine’s imprisonment. What should the Alliance think about that? When Sylvanas burns down the home of the Horde’s former allies, everything’s cool but when a fellow Horde members gets imprisoned, suddenly they all start to speak up.

4 Likes

Lor’themar knows from the end of SoO that Sylvanas was pushing the Horde to its limit and could barely keep her in “control” in his dialog at the end of the raid. That was 2 and a bit expansions ago, but that has either been ignored or forgotten about.

4 Likes

I feel like, during that whole scene…

I wanted my character to be there, burning a small tree. Just to remind them how late they are with their grievances.

7 Likes

For me they ruined many characters only to put them into this war. Especially Rexxar and Thalyssra imo.

4 Likes

My idea : genocide of Orc and forsaken (now that the good forsaken are dead) they seem to be too evil to be kept alive.

For the rest we should try to absorb them in the alliance. If they refuse, they die.

3 Likes

This one sentence is worthy of a faction conflict story idea as it is. Better than whatever this is we got right now.

2 Likes

the alliance trying to absorb the other faction is way more interesting than just genocide or super dumb peace.
But blizz doesn’t want to take risk.

2 Likes

That sounds like a subtle way of saying: “My story idea is superior. The only reason why it’s not happening is because Blizzard don’t have any balls!”

Forgive me for saying it, but I kind of like the constant conflicts between the Alliance and the Horde and don’t see any story reason as to why it has to come to a final conclusion in any way.
Like in real life, there are many nations that have fought each other countless times for many years without ever reaching any sort of ultimate conclusion.

Problem is, if the Alliance-Horde conflict is meant to be permanent, Blizzard should at least show that both sides are to blame, not just the Horde. Have the Alliance attack for once.

3 Likes

I actually thought of one way the Forsaken could be turned: lightforging. Leaving them in a state of eternal torture (to punish them for their crimes) as well as completely obedient to the Alliance, to be used as cannon fodder. Serves them well for Gilneas and Teldrassil.

2 Likes

Maybe they are priming the Alliance in that regard? I’d say some of the more recent Allied Races – which they don’t hesitate to make use of – like the Dark Iron Dwarves and Void Elves – have a lot of edge to them. The Dark Iron Dwarves seem rather aggressive in their methods and the Void Elves seem to have little care for the impact of the horrific powers they unleash upon their foes.
And then you have the Night Elves who seem hell-bent on vengeance.
And a Jaina who seems renewed in her Horde = Bad viewpoint.

Blizzard sort of have to build up to it. And if that is indeed where they are going, I think they’re taking some good steps in that direction.

But I don’t think it necessarily has to be that way. There is nothing wrong with an aggressor vs. retaliator conflict – lots of real-life examples of that too!

1 Like

Yes, Cool.

Now try to sell it to those who wants to play the Faction of their choice as the business that the writers are working on encourage to do so. What is wrong with the concept of aggessor vs. retaliator in a scenario such as this is that often there is no considerations nor care from what those in either side thinks.

I’m not faulting you on having faith in Blizzard that they will pull off this concept, but others have done so before and have received nothing but disappointment for their patience.

2 Likes

At least I want to have a choice between retribution and peace!

One char I let vote for peace, another for retaliation, fitting to the respective concept to see what comes out^^

Am gonna vote for peaceful retribution. Slap them with pillows.

2 Likes

I choose the peaceful Redribution too, I will kill them so horribly with the Power of Void that they would wish it would be peaceful.

Atleast, i will be in Peace with myself.

2 Likes

Most of the problems within the story would be easily resolved if this was just a conventional war. No extreme tactics, no WoT, no siege of Lordaeron. Just a normal war with some Old God threat looming in the distance.

Better yet the Horde/Alliance are just doing proxy wars of some kind and don’t want to commit fully into a war.

3 Likes

Man, this is coming from the same leaders that were a-okay with Garrosh wanting to turn the continent red and was supported by all of them in his nonsical genocidal campaign against the Alliance.

Maybe… Just maybe, the Alliance should learn that its not just one Warchief that is allowing it, but every, single Horde leader is to be held responsible for it now that it happened twice; with the only shift in Leadership happening between Garrosh and Sylvanas.

Lor’themar ruled the Blood Elves under Garrosh.
Baine ruled the Taurens under Garrosh.
Sylvanas ruled the Forsaken under Garrosh.

All those races. and especially their leaders, happily hopped along on another genocidal campaign and Anduin still claims its the Warchief thats making the Horde do this? the Orcs are a race that have willfully tried to genocide Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes on 4 occasions now, if not more.

If they are ‘priming’ the Alliance, they have been doing that since Vanilla.

The Kaldorei were supposed to bring a more savage faction to the Alliance, when Blizzard failed to deliver, suddenly the Worgen were supposed to be the “Dark savage” faction in the Alliance. When they turned the Worgen into Humans 3.0 it suddenly became the Void Elves… Who are basicly just purple High Elves, apparently… And now the Dark Irons are suddenly the “Edgy, Dark” faction in the Alliance. So far they’re showing what they’re promised, its a shame it only took them 4 tries.

I like this idea. While I don’t like the idea of genocide at all and think it’s a horrible act, I’d love for the Alliance to start showing some teeth and slaughter every Horde they come across. This is just my idea, but it would put both factions to blame. Horde has done atrocious acts and crimes, and it’s time for Alliance to start doing something back.

2 Likes