Do you think Blizzard devs play the game?

The Devs do play but with the recent staff cuts they have to keep warmode off because the ratio is so bad.
Current Employees: 10% - Ex-Employees: 90%

1 Like

I think they absolutely do but that they don’t get to play it as often as most of the player base. Blizz hours are a bit funny I think. Time casual players are the happiest because it takes them so much longer to do everything, they don’t really get to the grind stage and by the time they do, it’s not so grindy.

1 Like

I cannot fathom any developer who sits back and think “yes, this time gated pile of garbage is exactly as I wanted it to be”.

But they have to agree with ActivisionBlizzard, or else they get fired. The big greedy boss on top wants a couple extra millions added to the revenue (and his bonus).

i cant believe this. you would have to pay me a lot to change my mind. the way he goes on, it looks like he has no interest in the game, and im talking about his facial reactions and body language, not the terrible decisions/direction he is taking the game. he is a lawyer, and we all know how they work.

metzan often, if not always looked excited and enthused when talking about the game.

3 Likes

I’m sure some do play the game but whether they like it or not they do it through developer eyes.

Well, testers are devs, so yes,they obviously play every aspect of the game. Programmers/game designers play the features they work on as a minimum too.

Yes I would like to see how many Island Expeditions the devs are doing everyday, since they find them so much fun.

I’m sure some play… but with time I think it’s less and less. Even the obvious things get overlooked.

Just look at a big patch and things that effect older content. A lot of us go ‘Duh, how could they not seen this coming’ and yet it happens so many times.

The fact that they haven’t even introduced or talked about scaling for guards. A change that would make events viable for everyone instead of the higher levels… it’s just baffling. And yeah reported it quite a few events. Not a peep out of them about it.

I am guessing but I think the CM’s/GM’s play the game more.

No they aren’t.

Yes, they are. They are on the budget of any game being developed, listed in the credits, etc. In fact dev testers are absolutely crucial for every feature we ever make.

It will surprise you but some people like them. And i hope they release more islands soon

1 Like

I think some still believe the game is orcs vs humans

The template being used is orcs vs humans all the time!

“Hey Joe! We need a new mount!”
“Eeeehh… look at the board Jerry, horse for alliance”

I shall point to 1 streamer which has a handle of the WOW play time and developers time on the game. Belluargaming has 2 channels one news , the other is main channel. The video over the last six months give an indication what is happening with developers outlook. The under tone of his views gives a lot away on how things are.

I believe it was mentioned in one of the videos about all the layoffs that Blizzard doesn’t even have enough testers anymore to field an in house mythic raid team. Don’t remember where i heard it, might have been Belluar but so many channels covered this story that it might have not been him.

2 Likes

Executive directives.

But I doubt the devs play the game that much when taking in account the corporate structure of the gaming industry. Most likely overworked if anything else.

How are they exactly hurt by this? Please explain

Having no control over gear, strips the guild of efficiently distributing loot to people from which the raid would benefit the most. A tank having 415ilv while a DPS sits at 405 leads to slower progression, which in general isa bad thing for any, guild aiming to climb the ladder.

They definitely don’t play arcane mage.
Or their kids do.

they do , i follow most of them on twitter and they raid and farm mounts , pvp , on the PTR recently you could test the new wintergrasp brawl with the devs

Heck even Ion plays

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/malganis/gurgthock

he has cleared the whole of Uldir on mythic and is progressing through BoD on mythic atm

that’s testing, not necessarily playing.