Do you think Blizzard devs play the game?

I dislike most things about Azerite:-

• there are too many azerite pieces, many are useless for your class/spec
  • every time they change stuff I’m left with useless Azerite and have to start collecting all over again
  • it’s not flexible, it does not change spec with you
  • the reforging costs
  • minor gripe, a lot of it is ugly and I miss the looks of tier
2 Likes

But disagreements with the design and development of the game has nothing to do with the communication side of it.
I mean, even if Ion was replaced with the utopian form of communication, it would still be a communication of things you don’t like about the game.

I don’t understand people’s quarrels with Ion, besides the fact that they seem to project their issues with the game onto him as a person. As Ghostcrawler said back when he was the public face of WoW: “Don’t shoot the messenger.”

Personally I struggle to think of another game company that does communication better than Blizzard. WoW’s communication leaves more to be desired for sure, but I definitely wouldn’t say it’s toward the end of less developer communication – if anything, then it’s more!

Can you point to a game company or other company where you think communication is just done perfectly as you want it?

I wasn’t suggesting they were the same thing.

Mea culpa. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

when did they know this? were people not complaining about azerite being poor in bfa ptr? also, it shares the same issues as the netherlight crucible (traits), the inflexibility between specs and the ap grind of artifacts, all of which were probably the biggest gripes of players in legion, as the actual idea of artifact weapons was mostly warmly received. so this should have been known as far back as the netherlight crucible introduction in legion, if not earlier.

basing the game on rng is just lazy. there is too much. it is maybe my biggest annoyance with the game by a mile. and taking rogue azerite for example, if i get combined might in ring 1, collective will in ring 2 and earthlink in ring 3, that is a terrible piece of gear and i will be so far behind someone with nothing personal (r1), Double dose (r2) and overwhelming power (r3) its not funny.

AND on top of that the things keep changing. its like (i think) preach said a little while back, when you have to keep simming your gear every drop it just becomes painful, boring, tedious. the only constant (at least for rogues) is that overwhelming power in r3 is what you will always want. otherwise its rng. want single dps, shrouded suffocation ONLY WITH THE RIGHT TALENT (subterfuge) is the 5th best, and not too far off the top, while echoing blades is bottom, and so bad it almost sims as 0 dps. HOWEVER, switch to multitarget, and shrouded suffocation is almost the worst trait (and IS the worst without subterfuge) HOWEVER, echoing blades is the best. and not just by a bit, nearly THREE times better than the talent in 2nd place. to be competitive in various aspects, you will need to be keeping like EIGHT sets of azerite gear PER toon. BUT thats only if you are lucky enough to get the right talents. which is again facing off against maybe the worst part of the game… rng.

and again, i dont know what they actually do in their posts, but comparing Ion to Chris Metzen, theres just no comparison.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.