Do you think Classic Fresh realms will be successful?

If they combat with bots , destroy boosting entirely , making useless specs somehow useful , overall a classic+ will be successfull.

yes if they do it properly. tbc is not what i expected sorry to say that but some ways classic is so unique and i enjoy more.

but dont expect like first big launch

2 Likes

If they do a “fresh server” every 2-3 years it will be packed. People that are hardcore supporters will be on forever.

3 Likes

i will play classic plus only

The thing is, people vave played vanilla for over a decade. If blizzard wont make servers, people will find a way. Whatever they are making, people will play it. The majority isnt reading the forums, they enjoying the game. Whatever that will come on fresh, is voted by a the people. Grow up and have fun playing the game :muscle:

For the first few weeks, definitely.

If the private servers are any indication then i will say that yes it will be popular. Also when you look at D2 and PoE seasons you will see how much is popular such content. Also take into an account that you don’t need a huge playerbase for the game to survive. Eve online is a good example of a healthy MMO.

Money wise yes, as people will surely pay additional money for boosts, name reservation, cloning or additional char slots.

But fun wise, it will be not.

For starters, to not get what we have now on classic era, they would need to limit the amount of realms on release. 2PVP, 1PVE and 1 RP is the max. This would lead to long queues and sharding, just like on release as everyone would try to play in the first few days.

It would be a huge battle for char names, people would be annoyed by not having their names, annoyed by queues and scream for new realms. It would be a very toxic environment too, as streamer guilds will be harassing players as seen with TBC and Classic Era before.

The big issue will now be, that you can not escape from this, nor from the lotus mafia, bots and so on, as there will be just that single server. Streamer guilds will clear content faster than you, they will demand faster content cycles and once you finally reached level 60, they will stand there with Naxx gear and cry for a reset.

Therefore, after a year or so, the realm will reset and you will be offered the choice to move your char for a fee to the classic era realm of your choice, losing your name most likely.

To make classic fresh work, many changes would need to happen, mostly the naming system, bot prevention and content would need to be released much slower and especially without boosting and sharding.

A big issue with the always fresh realms is also that the already small community will be fractured even more and some people will leave that community as they picked classic to have a place without the retail menthality of racing through content.

Just imagine what would happen if these fresh realms have a one year lifecycle, what if the current classic era are merged and players lose their communities they have build, the names they have since 2 years …
There will be a lot of stuff that will drive people away and fresh will be only something for those that enjoy the “new” and the “race” but not for those that matter, the average dude who picked classic because he can remain there forever without the gear treadmill or harassment of elitists, as they are the big issue at TBC and were at classic release.

I honestly think, Blizzard has not thought this through and that they will divide the community even more and make even more people quit.

2 Likes

I’m just guessing but I think somewhere 1000-1400 people are interested in fresh classic, and thats tops, it could also be 400-600. In all of Europe.

When is it a succes? What defines that?

That we get a new server that are not converting us to join tbc for free and pay to stay.

Probably not, I think the moment has passed and Blizzard truly blew it. A lot of people are not playing TBCC and they’re not enjoying Classic era, they have just moved on and will likely never return. Such a wasted opportunity by Blizzard.

It could be VERY successful IF Blizzard does something right this time. If they make it all the same like Classic 2 years ago, nobody will play it for a long time, if they put too many QOL and retail changes in it, players will drop quickly aswell. They need to find a good place in between - make some good changes and new, exciting content but also keep the old classic feeling and the community alive.

I don’t think so. Classic was a big hype 2 years ago with many people being anxious to play.
The bulk of people now have a been there - done that feeling.

The amount of people going to the fresh server will be very low.

The only reason Blizzard does it, is because
a) It costs them very little effort, close to zero
b) They need to showoff some PR that they care

It will certainly be popular on the day of launch, but what will follow for those who take the boat a little later will probably not be a fun experience. Fresh servers are a nice addition on paper, given that Diablo, for example, has been reaping the benefits of this formula for years. But with Diablo III the season ends after a few months and if you don’t have time to play you just jump to the next season. In WOW fresh you can forget about it if you start your season in let’s say month 4 after the start. After all, guilds won’t want to recruit players who are too far behind in their progression to world first competition in raids. what are you going to do then, wait a year for the next fresh start…

In addition, the fresh server will be overwhelmed by followers of streamers, bots, gold farmers and sellers, and a server economy that is completely out of balance for a casual player. Start farming for certain items or ingredients on such a server…not fun…just impossible, was also the case with the classic version.

I still play on the regular classic server and now that they have merged the servers the playability is better. Maybe our real WoW classic community will grow and improve again because some fresh servers players might switch after a while or season…

I do hope they close TBC servers after this experience, otherwise the community will be further divided and fresh has no future either.

IMO fresh realms will cause further fragmentation in the already low population of Era player base. It can be good only for a narrow group of players, but not the entire community. Now I’m considering to give up my principles and go further into TBC Classic, where a healthy population can be found. Restricted mechanics of Vanilla have been designed for medium or high population of servers, not only a few people. I’m tired of this.

Gonna copy my piece on this from another topic:

It’s my opinion that people just want to relive the magic of a fresh start.

• Everyone starts at 1
  • no boosting
  • no max level items on ah
  • leveling dungeons are an adventure again (Running to SM for the first time come to mind, or the Mallet of ZF questline)
  • group quests are done constantly so no asking for a high lvl guildy

Most importantly: the world feels alive. Every lvling zone is full, people are trading greens or blue items they found, people randomly grouping up etc.

The thing with this is that it has a short expiration date. A few months after the server launches the most serious players will have one or more lvl 60 chars in pre-raid bis gear and it’s back to raidlogging until KT is down a year later. Then it’s back to asking for Fresh servers, maybe even before that.

For me P1 in Classic was magical and felt like a proper adventure, but the endgame is a bit bland after you cleared the raids a few times.

So will it be successful? At the start 100% yes. People who are currently bored in TBCC (raidloggers) will flock to this. However like I said above once the ‘adventure-phase’ is over the server will either empty out or become raidlogville classic 2.0.

I played classic , and i will again. Under the condition that it stays classic. By that i mean that there wont be a possibility to go outlands.

I had such a great time playing with my friends clearing MC / BWL. Then i heard the whispers about the upcoming TBC, and how ppl were exited for that, while all i wanted was to stay in classic. So after i heard TBC was coming for sure i quitted. Ofc i couldn’t know the outcome, how most of the servers would be a ghost town, but i figured alot of ppl would leave (inc some of my friends), so im glad i quit in time.

I like classic, i like that there is a “end” to gear progress. I like that there will be a BIS that will remain a BIS. I like to have them as goals.

*Merge the classic servers that is now.
*Make classic fresh servers only classic, with no possibility to change to TBC ( i could just play the old classic servers if i wanted that)
*Worldbuffs i dont really care really
*Do something about the bots
*No boost character BS
*No seasonal reset, this isn’t Diablo

2 Likes

Depens what you consider successful?

Amount of players? na after initial hype it will be a rather small player base

Experience? yes in my opinion will be much better than classic. With the attention away from classic it will be a lot let sweaty and enjoyable.

1 Like

i dont think so

It will be sucessfull, but the problem is the dencity of the people. Who knows? When the server is new it might be concidered “dead”, therefor noone joining etc :stuck_out_tongue: