Do you think Classic will survive SL launch?

And your guild also?
I am a bit worried, people mostly say they will try SL, but what if they stay? Recruitment isnt easy even now before SL

4 Likes

Classic won’t be in trouble until Naxx is out, some people will leave but it’ll be fine.

1 Like

Retail is an ActionRPG eSport skin collector so it’s really not a competitor to this MMORPG.

27 Likes

Yes, it will.

A lot of guilds are going to take a massive hit. Not because of Shadowlands, but because we’re so close to the winter holidays.

Christmas almost destroyed my guild last year.

Winter is coming.

8 Likes

Why wouldn’t it be competition?
They’re both mmorpgs and it’s not like classic has any new content once naxx is out lol.

1 Like

People will spend a day levelling to 60, then 3 days getting gear for the first raid, then do that once and wait until the next week, and in the meantime go back to Classic if they played it in the first place.

1 Like

I left classic. Cause the friend I started with quit . The guild I started with kicked me. Cause I got sick of lootdrama and toxic people. And in the end the classic community will kill classic . People min maxed and did speedruns with all consumables and wbs then complain the game they were told is super hard, is actually a walk in the park . :slight_smile: Classic Will survive SL launch, it’ll just be a lot smaller.

10 Likes

Sounds like the community you play with is the problem. :slight_smile:

Well, if people don’t like the systems Classic could get queues again. If they announce TBC with existing realms there may be a queue as well (cries in belf hpala…).

1 Like

It will survive. Probably will take a (temporary) hit though. I think they would have done better delaying Naxx till January. Give people a chance to check out the shiny new toy, celebrate the holidays and then get back to Classic, but yeh, planning and stuff I guess :smiley:

I did try a bit of the expansion event today and if the launch is as laggy as that was, I’m not even worried. World bosses completely lagged everything out with the people there attacking them… Did enjoy how some classes play now without all the BFA borrowed power systems clogging things up, but I guess the new borrowed power systems will soon mess that up.

Dont think Christmas time will be the same this year, semi lockdown is active this year.
My guild had more problems this summer.

Nah, it’ll take a hit, but after Christmas and the novelty of SL wearing off there will be people coming back. Now after Naxx is on farm, then it’ll start drying up.

Classic will be fine.
look at over the years how random vanilla pservers (and other xpac versions) survived various retail xpacs and even thrived (rip Nost. gone but not forgotten) simply because ppl WANT to play them.

As I started retail mid TBC, my first jaunt into vanilla was by suffering through pserver feenix 12x rates realm, massively inflated XP due to the fact nothing worked and scripting was terrible/ minimal, yet it was still a blast for the most part as it was still vanilla flavoured.

saying that, I’ll be staying regardless.

The whole point of why classic exists is the offer the OG version of the game for those people who don’t agree with the retail WoW changes over the years.

So the core audience of classic wont go anywhere.

1 Like

It will take a hit, but it will survive.
Sadly, shortly after that, during Naxx farming it will start to dry out in big waves.
Just before TBC (if they launch it) servers will drop in half.

probably it wont survive. only for a long while it wont.

There’s a big difference between pservers and classic though.
One main thing is that the pservers reset progress.
Classic will not as far as we’re aware.

SL wont do anything to Classic. Naxx and the final phase will though.

1 Like

And classic is a grinding simulator game like raid shadowlegends on me phone

2 Likes