Do you think the diremaul release is a sneaky way for blizzard to break it's layering promise?

We all know blizzard promised to remove layering by the end of phase 1. It also looks like the largest servers are far larger than blizzard initially intended, largely due to there own mistakes. As such these servers are far to large to reasonably operate on a single layer within the next few weeks or potentially even months in the case of a server like Shazzrah.

I think if blizzard had released phase 2, and broke there promise to keep laying that would of created a lot of community backlash, so personally i think this is there way of getting out the biggest piece of content they want to get out without suffering a massive backlash.

I think that when and if nescessary Blizzard can and will create extra servers and bleed off excess with free transfers. I know i’ll be packing up and move to fresh pastures when that happens.

And i think that Dire Maul is just Blizzard giving an extra piece of content to chew on. Its just a nice gesture.

Oh, we’re playing this game again? OK. I put on my robe and tinfoil hat.

What is a “break it’s”?

Wow, when are you people ever pleased with something?
Blizzard never make promises except when a actual date gets set, they give estimates, and have the ability to change their plans based on how the game plays out.

You were not promised anything, blizzard did not breake a promise, they changed their plans cause layering taking longer to remove than expected, which is a good thing, cause it means that the players are not leaving as fast as blizzard expected.

You are completely incorrect. please read this post https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/overcrowded-realm-update/70777

You can see the blue post clearly says ‘While we are able to fit several times more players on a single realm in 2019 than was the case in 2006, we are not going to raise that cap any further, even though we have the technical capacity to do so. Raising realm caps would simply forestall the problem, letting more players in at launch but creating an unsustainable situation down the line, with severe queues when we turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 of our content unlock plan.’

Blizzard later reversed the decision limiting the number of layers to 3 per server, to reduce que times. Creating the issue of super servers, that cannot survive right now with a single layer.

How am i wrong? You just gave another example of blizzard changing their plans to make the game experience for the players better.

You are confusing promises with what blizzard wants, but that doesnt mean that they need to stick to those plans when ot hurts the playerbase

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.