Do you think we’ll see Xalatath again?

And who/what is it? An old god? Or a lesser entity, something akin to Ilgynoth?

We don’t know anything about Xal except that she existed since the Black Empire era and always changed the master when he caused enough chaos. Now she wanted to leave (?) the dagger and… Yeah, that’s it, but I’m sure that we will see her again someday.

As strange as it may sound, she is probably an Old God. Remember when she said that?

It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C’Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y’Shaarj, and… well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be.

She said weakest of “us”, as she’s talking about the Old Gods like she’s one of them.

I’m absolutely sure we’re going to get back to Xal’atath’s story either in Shadowlands, or in the VoidLord-whatever expansion later. Looks like there’s plenty left to be told about her. We’ll definitely see her again.

1 Like

I’d like a twist in the story that N’Zoths ultimate plan was to release Xal’atath from the blade (him knowing what/who she actually is and what its capable of) and then just going ‘well im here lets try and take over now’. Hence the visions/black epire/Ny’Alotha etc.

1 Like

This actually raises my suspicions. We’d expect her to say N’Zoth last, especially with what we know of him. But maybe it was actually self-referential, and that’s why she decided to stop there, she wouldn’t have a reason to stop listing them with N’Zoth.

The Old God Label is overrated. Xal is obviously a powerful void creature. Why care if she fits into the club of tentacly planet parasites? And exact power levels were always irrelevant. In one tier you raid Jaina, in another… N’zoth. Totally natural power progression, eh?

1 Like

The better conparsion would be Argus -> mini Old God -> Jaina. We get weaker here.

1 Like

Because it’s fun to speculate you grumpy little gnome!

Can’t say Jaina is weaker anymore because she is the only raid boss that survived her boss fight without even limping.

which is exactly why “power level” is irrelevant :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, sure, I personally prefer to speculate about things that would make a difference in the story, but you do you. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, but seriously, what I am hoping for with Xal is that she will be a powerful antagonist that gets to have some character. It’s been some time since I cared for a WoW villain, so some reason to regret having to kill her would be nice.

1 Like

the Title Xal is extremely interesting overall!, in MoP did we have a Xal.

Legion - BFA also had a Xal!
It could be that the title Xal could be like a second in command for the Old Gods.
Like having humanoid forms, easier to travel around compare to the Old gods.

The old gods plants their roots within planets, the Xal’s could be second in command to travel around, from World to World.

So this is my theory!.

Xal’atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl

Xal’atoh: Second in Command of Y’shaarj.

Xal’atath, Blade of the Black Empire

Xal’atath: Second in command of N’zoth

It could be that the Xal’s we know of currently could have been so Extremely strong almost to match up with the Old gods, so they had to be sealed away in appearence’s of Weapons!, which would explain why

Xal’atoh Takes the appearence of a Axe
Xal’atath Takes the appearence of a Dagger.

We still haven’t seen the Xal’s of C’thun - Yog-saron

2 Likes

this line is such a hard retcon though. The Old gods (minus shaarj) were NOT dead. This is blizz’ way of trying to rush through established lore so they can work on their own made up BS. (Like they’ve hinted at what they wanna do in interviews time to time).

Love this theory Xen

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.