Does anyone still care about new pets?

I remember I enjoyed collecting - now I don’t remember any new pets, they are so… generic

I don’t think the pets themselves are the problem.

We just have SO MANY that a new one doesn’t register.

Nowadays, I get a new one, it goes in the levelling queue, and I never think about it again except maybe to stone it when it hits 25.

We get about 200 new species per expansion, and I don’t know what to suggest to solve the problem.

I do know I’d change the ratio of drops vs wild captures.n About 2/3 of pets are drops in Shadowlands, and those are pointless. Farm a rare, or get an accidental drop from a boss, learn it without thinking.

I’d decrease the drops massively, to maybe 10%-20%. That way, we would at least have some interaction and intention with new pets. We might be at least CONSCIOUS that we got a new one.

I’d simply reduce the number of recolors at the very least idk…

How many of the new pets are just recolours, without new movesets or breeds or stats?

Not many, I think.

these things are redundant really. From collectors’ pov at least. From pet battlers, I am one, it’s also not so significant because no new pet goes into my strategies for fights ever lol xD
I’d really preer them to keep it simple - one Gauntlet pet with multiple sources rather than 3 gauntlets with 3 sources etc.

That is another problem. A very real problem, but a different one.

I sort of like that idea, but if they don’t change the overall number and drop chance, I’m not sure it makes a big difference.

And I went looking for recolours in Shadowlands species, and I’m not finding a lot. We do have cases like the Animite Broodling and Devouring Amirite, but they do have different breeds and slightly different movesets. Then we do have the Gauntlet/Grip/Grasps, which have much the same relationship. Even so, in the context of 200 pets, it’s not lilke they make up the bulk.

And some people really like recolours. I see people who chase different colours of any species that has them.

I agree with you that new pet collection is bloated and has lost a lot of interest. I’m just not sure how to pin it down, and find a point to attack the problem.

I still like them got all pets i can get atm at lvl 25 rare :smiley:

Pets with small questlines behind them, like Gurgl in 9.1.5, are still memorable but so many others just become lost in the masses.

Doesn’t that while clearing my bags I more than often find a random pet there that I have no idea where I got from. ^^

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.