Does M+ damage taken/done work similarly to higher mob levels during leveling?

You know how before scaling was implemented a much higher-level mob used to hit you very hard and you used to do much less damage to it? And I think it still works the same way in some zones if you’re too low level and have not talked to Chromie to be in the correct timeline for leveling in that zone. Now, I have some experiences with Mythic+ dungeons while a bit undergeared that gave me the impression that damage done by my character and taken from the M+ mobs work in a similar way, but the variable here is not your character level but your gear’s iLvl. So, if your iLvl is much lower than the iLvl that drops from that key, you take extra damage and do a bit less damage.

Is this true? If not, then why does my character do more DPS, for example, in lower keys?

No it doesn’t work like that.

Why does your character do more dps in lower keys? Because you may have upfront burst that makes mobs die quickly while your CD’s are still up inflating your dps. You may do bigger pulls allowing more cleave.

1 Like

Thank you, Dejarous. That makes sense in a way, even if it surprises me a bit, because it almost “feels” as if the mobs are “softer” in lower keys.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.