Doing pre-Legion content as a demon hunter

Hello, I’ve been trying out different classes and used the character boost I got from prepurchasing BFA to unlock the demon hunter early. After I tried it out, it became my favorite class to play. My question is if I try to do the expansions before Legion as my demon hunter, will I miss out on any quests and cutscenes or can I just do everything? I don’t mind one-shotting mobs if it means I can play the whole game as my favorite class.

1 Like

No, you won’t miss out on anything for playing a different class. Legion however had specific questlines for each class.

Some questlines were removed in time, and you will miss out those. If you play Horde, you will also miss out on Alliance questlines. But apart from that, you’ll be able to experience everything from the previous expansions.

1 Like

Should I be worried about doing things out of order just because my level is high enough for certain quests? For example, doing a patch quest before finishing the x.0 storyline of a given expansion.

Yes, that’s possible, but since patches distuingish themselves fairly well, looking around a bit on Wowhead/Wowpedia guides will tell you in what order you should do quests. It’s always the best to start with the zone quests, and then see what other quests become available.

1 Like

With how much World of Warcraft has changed over the years, even I have a hard time tracking down which order some stuff appears in now :stuck_out_tongue:
When it comes to playing older content, how or what order you choose to do it in really is up to you.

Best tip I can offer, on your minimap turn on Trivial Quest tracking, that’ll make finding these older quests so much easier (click the :mag:icon, this option is in the middle of the list)
Then, well it’s really just a case of picking a zone and starting.

Most zone will have a Story Progress: 0/X Chapters tracker show up when you look at the map for that zone, mouse over that will show you the storylines that make up the Loremaster achievement for the zone to help guide you along.
(If you don’t see this, usually means your faction doesn’t have a Loremaster achievement in that area, or it’s one of the Starter Zones)

Whatever way you decide to do it, have a blast playing through these stories, there’s a ton of good ones out there to find :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.