Domina gear drop

When I check top raiders I see people with full domina gear sets.
I am not a pro. But I cleared some bosses. But got zero domina drop.
Is there any other means of getting domina gear except that one waist locked behind Maw 2 (aka Korthea chores)?
How come top raiders always lucky and got bis gear right away while I have to farm months and months? I remember back in WoD I farmed a dps trinket [Unblinking Gaze of Sethe] for 1.5 months with 3 bonus rolls every week and it dropped when it was useless. And basically I can copy paste this for all expansions.
I do not want everything to drop right away. I am just curious how top mythic raiders get it first week or worst case scenario second week.
Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Also does looting a shard on HC locks one out of getting any loot on normal raid or my friend is also just this unlucky?

Me and my friend just feel lagging behind in gear and we fear we will be kicked out of HC raid progress.

234 isn’t lagging behind

3 Likes

yeah domination system is crap. I will never see the head that I need. Was always a fan of tier set from a vendor.

Still zero drop from raid… While streamers got all 3 on first week?

There’s not some grand conspiracy here buddy… Top raiders do split runs meaning they trade gear from alts to their mains which is why they get the items quickly. On top of that, you haven’t even cleared the raid 4x times completely by now meaning you’ve missed potential chances for drops already. There’s plenty of raiders in my guild that don’t have the 3 set yet. I have one 3 set, the unholy one, which is obviously great but it could’ve easily gone the other way as well.

Shards are once per boss regardless of difficulty. 9 tries a week and 1 guarantee from sylvanas.

As for domination gear itself. You’ve killed 50~ SoD bosses on that character. Top raiders are at 100 by this point.

I’d also like to bring something else up, while splits are a massive factor in getting gear to the right people, even guilds that don’t split raid have a significant gearing advantage over pugs because the group stays the same each week. If someone got something last week, they can trade it this week etc etc. If you pug with a different group of people every week, maybe even need multiple pug groups to clear the raid, then you’re sharing your loot opportunities out as weeks go on with 30, 40, 50, 60+ people. While a guild of roughly 25 will eventually just get every item to every player that needs it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.