Don’t make demo locks tuning apply to PvP

Everyone was crying when bm was getting buffed and now everyone is silent when Demo is getting a fat buff overall .
New talent 50% more damage on tyrant and big buff on sustained damage .
Welcome back Shadowlands

1 Like

I mean the class designs and talents ive been in shadowlands since df launch. I wish they would had done major class reworks instead because many needs it

i hope they revert some of that stuff because demo meta is terrible for everyone involved

1 Like

Considering how utterly horrible is new Destro tier set bonuses looks like a demo angle.

1 Like

Affliction get nerfed in Drain Soul which is a stupid decision in pvp. Drain Soul should not be nerfed in pvp, it is already weak because of the possibility to interrupt a Channel.

They really like buffing PVE specs…

1 Like

Destro locks are getting nerfed very hard in 10.07 with the internal cooldown to havoc which pretty much is what is keeping them viable at all in this meta, in 10.1 they´re also nerfing crit damage n forced crits is another thing hugely important to destro. Paired with set bonus being absolutely terrible n havoc gutted its absolutely gonna be a demo meta.

But as a feral I prefer demo.
More pets.
More cleave.
More damage

2 Likes

People will just stop playing mayhem with bane. The procc is completey rng as to where it proccs and if it proccs in africa it will end up being useless.

Absolutely, the zone control from the quite frequent havocs was a big part of making destro strong though, chances are people will drop the PvP talent all together n just run old regular havoc for garanteed value.

Demo will be the preferable spec in the coming weeks but not due to buffs.

Aff is a big mess and it seems nothing is being done about it. And Dest is getting some big nerfs too.

So Its gonna be Demo for us Locks but its gonna be due to reasons above. I couldnt careless if Tyrant was Archimonde itself. That stpid demon is insanely unreliable. I just cast it to prolong Grimoire: Felguard and dog’s duration.

2 Likes

Yeah right, as if they will let demo be any good. Maybe for a week or two and then nerf to oblivion as always. Don’t get baited.

1 Like

On a positive note, after people has played against demo for a while they´ll start missing destro so theres that. Everytime the purpleman doesnt get globalled when melees press CD´s theres an uproar intill its nerfed. What baffles me that most is that Arms was given a gentle tap on the shoulder during all this :,D

2 Likes

I don’t mind warlock survivability.
What I don’t like about destro are the 100k instant incinerate,and the fact that havoc was pretty much always up so they were doing 50k dps also when focused.
But I hope this will be better with the internal cd implementation…
As all casters sooner or later they all die with 2 melee on top of them but that’s just how it goes … nothing special … As all melees die if a caster knows well how to kite them for 2 min

The hate on purpleman is as old as time its unreal :joy:

1 Like

The fundamental issuse is that no caster kites melees in this meta. Destro lock damage is all fluff and singletarget their damage is infact quite unremarkable so im expecting their viability to drop quite significantly once their main niche is heavily nerfed. Incinerate can crit very hard yes. Alot of classes can do that though, Destro is far from the hardest hitting single target class in the game. Their niche is aoe preasure.

If they want casters to actually cast all melees needs to lose about 50% of their current mobility n CC n thats not happening.

3 Likes

Not really as Affliction you need to kite from time to time. So you can heal yourself with Drain Life.

And Affliction needs to cast s lot.

But the real solution to the fast meta is what you said, remove 50% of melee mobility and cc. Then casters can be casters again.

i wasnt refering to “not attempting to kite” i was refering to successrate, hows the kiting turning out for ya if you´re in a tripple melee lobby? Affliction is very dominant into other casters but struggles into double melee.

It is a 1-2 second brake. Mostly i try to get the kicks, so i can cast freely.

But yes i hate melee lobby’s, still i think as Affliction it is easier than with demo.

yeah all lock specs lives n dies by precog, but the argument i made was “casters are unable to kite melees” aka no melee is actually having issues with uptime as they were given a ton of free mobility in DF free of charge while casters are still designed around the idea n concept of melees having like 50-60% uptime as opposed to 90-100%. Whats keeping casters viable in this meta is caster triangle n instant casts.

2 Likes