[Draenor H]<Dystopia> A Local Guild for Local People. 25+ 2 Day Midweek Casual Raiding

Ahoy me hearties. My name is Phil, GM of recently reborn Dystopia on Draneor horde, here to convince you to join my fresh, new, very exciting guild. Maybe.

Don’t you just hate it when you see guild adverts saying “set up by a group of friends” as if it’s a selling point? I do too, I’ll let you in on a secret; it means CLIQUE WARNING. Good luck getting a mythic+ run this week, chump.

I hate that. Oh nice, you do too? Well come be my friend.

I want to bring together the elder generation under one roof. I want to unite the disgruntled middle aged players, and kill some baddies. We will make new friends, we will have an active guild chat and discord and breathe a bit of life back into WoW for everyone.

In recent times, I’ve found that you have to make a choice between the social aspect of WoW, or mythic raiding. You can’t have both. That’s what I’m all about, we aim to combine the two without feeling like you should be getting a payslip and a PAYE bill after each raid.

I hate logs, and Raider IO and all that jazz. If you want to log and parse, go nuts, but they won’t be used for feedback. I do not care if you’re top of the dps or bottom, I just don’t want you to stand in swirly stuff.

Raids will be Wednesday & Thursday, 8pm to 11pm server time. This can be subject to change as we’re just starting out.

Anyway, I’m well aware this is turning into a bit of a wall of text. BEHOLD, PARAGRAPH FORMATTING AND LISTS! Get your reading glasses on…

The Content
We will run M+ as much as possible just for fun. We will run +15 keys whilst under the influence of caffeine, juggling a small child, a cat and an Aldi Slim Well ready meal (because we’re trying, right? Not our fault Chinese food tastes so good) and we will laugh when we wipe relentlessly and running over the timer by an hour or two.
We will effortlessly glide through normal raid content, then effortlessly glide through heroic content, then we will say ‘bugger it, lets see how far we get in mythic content’ even though we really are too over the hill to be concentrating so intently on a game when you’ve got to be up in the morning to “work remotely”

You may have thought to yourself (as I have) “I really don’t have the patience for mythic raiding any more though?” – But if the pressure is off, why not? Curve will be our main focus, but why not try to go further and still keep the atmosphere up? If a wall is hit, we will decide this as a community not to carry on and we will be happy with the progress we have made.

The Person
If you are 25+ preferably older, work hard, put your real life and family first and use WoW as an escape from reality, then I want to speak to you. If you can commit to 3 hours on a Wednesday and Thursday (8pm Server time) and will remain relatively active throughout the rest of the week, get involved with guild chat, sneakmode post while at work on Discord and make friends with us, then you’re the type of person I want to join the team.

What I’m not looking for, is someone who only logs on for raids. I want to bring the active players from dead guilds/realms together to achieve a common goal, not to bring phantoms who float into the raid team, top the dps meters then log off. We are not looking for log watchers, Pessimist Pete’s or Know-It-All Nora’s, we want people that will get involved and get to know each other.

If you’re unsettled and not yet found the right guild, then give us a try. There will be no formal application process, just a quick introduction and see if we have some common ground. If you’ve read this far and can relate, then I have no doubt we will get along. If you’d like to join our discord before having ‘Disproportionate WoW Transfer Fees’ cited in your divorce papers, you’re more than welcome to.

Battle.Net: Aartard#21301
Discord: kaon#4931