Dragon Shaman Tank Spec?

The wife and i have been playing for about 14 of the last 16 years or so. And we both agree a Shaman tank based off of earth elements would be fantastic. what with the current expansion based around dragons and elements introduce quite literally the dragon shaman tank class. Also right now with all the primalists running rampant more races would be acceptable too. Maybe revamp Enhance spec to include a tank tree similar to Feral druid. i dont know the specifics obviously im not that talented. But shamans can use shields already. Maces and Axes are pretty good tank weapons obviously and a lot of their spells could be Re-worked. The healing spells could have instant uses or a charge mechanic similar to paladin. Earthen skin similar to demon spike or demon skin . hell use earthquake as a damage reduction area of effect. the means are there. and there really are not any mail tanks yet (i think is monk mail user i forget?) there are plate and leather a plenty. and clothies …ummm doesnt sound feasible. So what say you good people? Shaman as a tank sounds good for this expansion?

3 Likes

I very much agree. I am just a bit confused as to why you implemented the words “dragon shaman” in this? But I see the element earth is an amazing fit for tanking tho, and we don’t have an earth spec but we do have all the other elements covered (mainly).

It makes alot of sense for shamans to be tanks, I think. Hope they get it soon, getting teased all the time with Earth being a VERY prevalent theme of this patch.

2 Likes

People have been saying this since WoW was released. IIRC didn’t the manual that came with the original game say that shamans could tank?

I mean they could, in Vanilla and Classic dungeons at least.

Yeah I remember it, but they were never a proper tank or considered at end-game.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.