Dragonflight hunter MM tree

Since Blizzard has been really good at responding to feedback on the hunter talent tree I also wanted to give some feedback for the MM tree since I think they really missed some opportunities there.

MM hunters went through a lot of changes in recent expansions first being reworked between WoD and Legion and then being reworked again between Legion and BfA. While a lot of good came from this i also think it caused some issues for hunters as well. Back in WoD you would see a decent chunk of hunters being very loyal to either Survival, BM or MM, nowadays i still see a lot of people being loyal to BM and there is a sturdy community loving the new melee survival, but the people loyal to MM seem to have shrunk a lot, there are still people who love this iteration of MM but it does seem like it has lost a lot of support over the recent years. While i dont have any hard data its not uncommon that i see people missing the old iterations of hunter from the MoP/WoD era with MM and survival and also the Legion era MM. I’ve seen a lot of post from people putting their hunters on the shelf since they dont enjoy them anymore. My hunter has become an alt that i rarly play after many years of being my main since i did not enjoy the BfA rework, but i still cant find a main that feels as good as the old hunter design.

This is why i am a bit sad over the MM talent tree, i know that cant it cant be everything from MoP/WoD era MM and survival together with Legion MM and BfA/SL MM but i think it could hark back to it better. Right now its pretty much the BfA/SL MM with just some old abilities thrown in at random, but Hunter has always been the simple class for us neanderthals and all these different versions dont actually differ that greatly from each other.

With so many multi point nodes in the tree i think you could instead use some of the old abilities instead. Such as giving back the ability to cast aimed shot on the move or better yet give us the HfC tier bonus to make it instant. Applying serpent sting with multishot like old survival. The old lock’n load with explosive shot and black arrow from survival would be really cool as well, tho most likely impossible do implement with a talent tree. Sidewinders from Legion was also really cool, it was a chaotic talent that needed work but i think the act of changing out steady shot to another way to regen focus would go a long way to give the spec diffrent feel with diffrent talents. vulnerbility windows was also a cool mechanic from Legion tho i dont know how popular it is with the rest of the playerbase. I even think the exotic munitions talent was cool from a rp standpoint that you were choosing what types of arrows you wanted to use.

Sorry if this post is a little long, but in a game with 36 different speccs there is only 2 that uses ranged weapons and for one of them the ranged weapon is little more than an afterthought, so for me to get to play the archer archetype that i love really hinges on MM being in a state i enjoy. And i wanna be clear that i dont want BfA/SL MM to disappear since i know people still like it i just want a little more insertion from the old.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.