Dread Calling or Horned Nightmare?

Hey!

Getting a bit weary of using Wilfred’s when playing Demo, which I mostly use for world quests or Torghast.

I’m wondering which legendary has proven the most fun and effective for you guys. Is the dog build any fun? Or is a 15% chance to duplicate our spender the way to go? Neither seems very exciting, but neither is pressing a cooldown twice a boss fight. :stuck_out_tongue:

Purely looking at performance: Demonic Synergy is the way to go.

Now if you dont wish to min-max your character (which means playing at the best possible way possible) your legendary pick does not matter that much.

Grim inquisitors calling is not a bad lege at all and gives you a small damage boost for you next doggos.

1 Like

As Tuskajuuri says, Demonic Synergy is by all means the Legendary you should craft. It is great for all 3 specs too.
But, my God is it dull.

If you demo back in BFA and enjoyed it I’d recommend the implosion one. Some people enjoy managing buffs (myself included). But, if you dislike managing buffs then that’s not for you.

But between the two you specifically mentioned, for fun I’d definitely go with Horned Nightmare.
More imps, more fire balls, more visuals, stronger big boy Tyrant, more demons to blow up. What’s not to love.

The Dog one is simply a damage amp. Doesn’t really provide much fun, it’s not like you’ll be holding off for big strong dog one shot combos.

1 Like

Nah, don’t use Horned Nightmare, it’s absolutely pants. Grim Inquisitor is good single target with the main build and the dog build is a lot of fun in M+/AOE. Personally I wouldn’t bother with Synergy at all for demo.

Horned might be good when it actually procs, but that 15% is just too low IMO. I played a lot with it and it was very underwhelming. At least the dog legendary is consistent and you know how and when you’ll be dealing damage.

Wilfred’s and Grim Inquisitor are by far the only 2 legendaries you’ll need for demo, currently.

2 Likes

Thanks for all of your replies!

Why nobody mentioned implosion legendary? This legendary modifies our rotation the most. Like 0.7sec shadow bolts casts makes our rotation pretty dinamyc. And it is pretty good for keys, torghast and low lvl dungeons to help friends.

Because it’s pretty one dimensional. If there’s not a few targets to implode, it sucks.

I am having alot of fun with the new necrolord covenant legendary. 100k incinirates, its kind of insane. I would assume it does more for demonbolts with the torch powers.

There are no dungeons in m+ where u can’t use it. Even TOP have trash + 2/4 bosses where u can roll haste. Also it makes torghast way faster. It is not so one dimensial as u think it is.

I run the dog build and I am having fun with that.
Only thing which is meh about it, is that you can’t always wait for the instant prock. Because sometimes you can then wait for ever and loose out on a lot of DPS, and so you have to hardcast your doggos sometimes, and also make sure that you do so before you hit implotion, to take advantage over the shadowdamage buff.

The horned nightmare sounds like fun too, maybe I will try with that for a while. Because dog build can be somewhat annoying sometimes, although when the stars align, it is so satisfying looking at those numbers.

Grim inquisitors calling is my go to. Good in aoe and single target, and I think the dog build is a lot of fun, especially in single target.
For pure ST, Wilfred is still the way to go

Grim Ins all the way. Tried Wilfred’s today - it just doesn’t work for me. I play Grim Inq so much better. But then again - I guess everyone does because it’s easy as … :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.