Drop the payed features!

Race change, faction change, server transfer - drop them! Players are shackled more than ever into dead servers, because of the outrageous prices on those features and the multiple characters they have to transfer in order to join a guild, or simply play on a populated realm.
Or at the very least Faction change and server transfer should be the same feature, instead of paying 50e for it.

In a game where you spent 60E for it and another 12E a month + an ingame cosmetic store, having to pay additional for features that are literally free on your PTR and happen in a second is beyond greedy.

3 Likes

They are focusing in server merge and improvements(sharing). They can’t just let everyone join active servers - it will be mess.

Or just start fresh in active server.

Whilst I don’t agree with them suddenly offering all their paid services for free. Unless they are going to refund me for every purchase I’ve made. I do think they need to do something about dead realms.

While it no longer seems possible to merge realms they should just give everyone on dead realms the ability to server move, for free, to a number of other servers that can cope with the influx of those server populations. It would however mean the loss of character names, guilds etc. Just like if you do a paid transfer. I still think this would be far better for the game than leaving it as is.

CRZ and Sharding do not solve population problems.

2 Likes

I fear dead realms will stay dead. I wan on sporeggar once. It was the deadest server ever time ago. Never. Not a merge. Not a free change.

the fact that these services are instant and no issue means they should never have costed anything, or at least only a few pennies.

their idea to “save” dead realms has always been to open up free transfers TO the dead realm, but no one would ever want to GO to a dead realm, so this has never helped anything.

why is it no longer possible to merge or link realms? people suggest the only thing stopping this is the AH. just open up free server transfers to anyone on a low pop server and when they move, the names can stay the same cause they just could add the affix “-Ghostlands” to the player name as they currently do. guild names may have to change, but i would guess that most people would be ok with changing guild name if it meant that they would be on an active and live server. just restrict movement to the full or high servers at first.

there are probably “easy” ways to sort this, but there is NO incentive for activision as long as they keep getting £20 per transfer. many players by now have many alts. i have 15 horde here, and 15 alliance on silvermoon. that would be £300~ to move all my horde. thats nearly THREE YEARS sub money just to move my toons to a server which is not dead. same again if all my alliance were not on the top ally server.

1 Like

Merged realms are linked realms. They are actually on one server but the old server name affix at the end allowed people to retain their character names, guild names etc.

From what I understand the way those merges were done is no longer possible. So they really need to address it in another way. That’s why I suggested just giving all those people a free transfer but they’d have to sacrifice their names etc in some cases.

However I have no power here. It’s down to Blizzard what they do. It just seems like a logical solution.

1 Like

My first reaction was “NOO!” but then it would save me a lot of wasted money tbh.

I don’t really mind that the services are paid for. It makes it so people have to be completely sure before handing their cash. I do think that realm/faction change should be considered one service though.

The prices are fine. If you really need it you can afford it.

I don’t think they should be free but they are far too expensive.

Just because something happens instant, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be charged for. Whatever is being sold, game, sub, store item, character service… it’s about the benefit it has to the customer, and the value that customer places on that benefit. Blizz is a business, everything they offer is charged at what they know people are willing to pay. That’s business.

If you don’t like it, don’t hand over your cash. Simple. If you do hand over your cash, you just proved the price is right :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.