Drugs in stormwind?

Is there any account of drug abuse in stormwind or in the midst of the scarlet crusade? While some citizens might utilize them, illegaly or not, are paladins completely against it? Is there a law against drug abuse in stormwind?

The most common drug found will be alcohol but i assume that’s not the kind you’re talking about. With drugs being so frowned upon, they can’t add it into the game and therefor there won’t be anything official on the matter.

If they make a stance on it lore wise, then that would mean it is a part of wow, the only reference to drugs in wow is with the trolls and what they smoke. Even that has never been officially acknowledged as a drug.

I’m almost 100% sure that one particular diamond dwarf snorts azerite as his fix.

…and we’re his dealers.

4 Likes

And Bloodthistle, which does some funky things to Blood Elves, and by extension High Elves. No idea if it effects other races as well, but it does seem to follow the pattern of most narcotics, giving a short term high, with a ‘downer’ afterwards, meaning a user needs to take more and more of it to maintain the high (I mean even the game effects reflect this)

We know that alcohol and tobacco use are fairly universal in the setting, it would be unrealistic to assume other narcotics are not used, it probably depends culturally as well, I mean the Native Americans used tobacco in a religious sense, the same as Rastafari use another type of weed, we know that Blood Elves who use Bloodthistle too much, or at all, are derogatively referred to as ‘Thistleheads’, but there does not seem to be any -Laws- against these things. Involving them in a game would have some tricky hoops to jump through without falling afoul of the law, especially in a game 12 year olds can play.

Also Paladins aren’t the police… No matter how much a Priest in our world may work out at the gym, they are not able to arrest drug dealers or users. They can give thundering sermons about how it is wrong and wicked, but the instant they lay hands on someone it is -them- committing the criminal activity. In none of the societies in WoW that have Paladins, do we see them as having any juridical powers.

I’d imagine these things do go on, but I’d also imagine that WoW just doesn’t touch upon them, also, lets be fair, a lot of the most reviled narcotic substances in our world are created in labs, derived from natural ingredients, sure, but created in labs. I don’t see Azeroth having an equivalent of ‘Breaking Bad’ for example.

2 Likes

The closest we’ll ever get in WoW aside form the Troll hookah is mana, with the elves.

hey pssst wanna get high elfy I can hook you up to the amazing fell -rush X my warlock cousin is making but it WON’T! be cheap

Belves also smoke hookas (they are all over the place) and they have bloodthistle which is actual drug to them. Hauldron or whatever he is called this guy gets high on it.

Tauren also have “magic mushtooms” and massive peace smoke pipes.

4 Likes

Weekend is tomorrow!

I stupidly edited this post instead of replying to another ones post and now what i wrote here is gone.

They smoke that good Felweed.

Yes, i’ve caught some NPCs in Stormwind doing percs and drink codeine cough syrup.

1 Like

Weren’t paladins created as an answer to the Horde’s first generation of death knights during the second war in Northshire?

Pretty sure it was the architects, masons and workers who became later known as the defias brotherhood because the crown of stormwind never payed them.
Anduins Mother died during one of their uprisings.

The Alliance exists longer than paladins.

Real life symbolism doesn’t really count in Warcraft most of the times.
Of course the Hammer symbolizes Judgement, BUT it’s against “evil” not as jurisdiction in society.

The paladins were created because of the terrible loses the unarmored and unprepared Northshire clerics suffered in the First War. The first Generation Death Knights came after the First War.

1 Like

wasn’t sure about that one, thanks for clarification.

Thank not me. Thank my ghostwriter.

1 Like

well doesnt everyone who ever takes a potion that enchanses you kind of use a drug, be it to get high, or to literarly use doping to enchance your self at times.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.