Druid form/weapon split

With Shadowlands customisation just becoming more and more interesting as the alpha progresses, since we for some reason couldnt have it for BFA, is there any possibility of Druids being able to choose our form skins separately from the artifact weapon transmogs? Please. I just want to use a polearm again. Im tired of these toothpicks and fist weapons.

3 Likes

Wasn’t that already confirmed?

No? They’ve always been tied to transmogging our weapons into the artifact weapon to gain the form skin associated with that weapon. No words on changing it so far to my knowledge.

I am aware of that.

I meant, “wasn’t that already confirmed for Shadowlands?”
At least I saw someone say it was, trying to look for it now.

It appears that Druids will be able to customize their Bear and Cat Form in Shadowlands independently of their weapons.

Currently, on live servers, you need to transmogrify a specific Artifact weapon to get the forms you want. As of the latest Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490, Blizzard added new options to the database of character customization categories that include Druid Bear and Cat Forms , suggesting that Druids may be able to transmog their forms independently of their weapons in Shadowlands.

This was from a forum post on Icy veins last Saturday. So not confirmed, but there are some things pointing towards it.

2 Likes

I am waiting this since bfa beta and finally they’re doing something about it.
Already posted on druid forums when alpha build released.

2 Likes

Oh thats wonderful if it actually goes through.

Thank you for the information.

1 Like

I’m glad I seen this! I’m sick of running around with daggers that don’t match just to get the cat customisation I like lol

1 Like

I really hope for this, I should also like my flying shape to look less like a black crow

This doesn’t realy points towards that split. If you actually investigate this it only points towards splitting hair color from druid form color in case of default racial druid forms. Only those are actually listed as customiztaion options in the files so far. On top of that some options are introduced in one build and removed in another. Like for example the way how you customize bones for undead was completely different in previous build, there were seperate options for arm, body and leg bones. So we have to see until this options are fully implemented into the game to know for sure.

I was hoping wowhead will confirm that since i don’t trust icy veins much ,but nothing so far :neutral_face:

Well we’ve got half a year of testing left before launch, holding my thumbs.

1 Like

You know what would be cool ,If we can "T mog " cat form in guardian spec and vice versa :sunglasses:

Naturally… Never claimed anything else…

But people can hope…

1 Like

Imagine this evil looking eerie druid - having dark eyes like night, fangs like a sharpest knives…

… and then wield pink daggers because this is what gives you catform you like. Now people could ask “why care if you in a form anyway” - well druid is in forms in combat, not 24/7 and you are not in combat 24/7, plus the character you build and its small detail important to you as player.

My druid is old - both game years wise as RP wise. Old, and worn druid seen many things, … and then has pink daggers because its catform that looks coolest in combat.

1 Like

Ignore Ced he has been a party pooper for years and wants to become an MvP .

:frowning:

Wowhead thinks its about night elf tattoos. Dont trust them and their clickbait titles too.

Being able to dps as a Bear might make me want to play Druid more ngl.
Even if it’s cosmetic only, I’m all for it lol.
Also melee Moonkin would be great.

Didn’t meant in that way.What i wanted to say is for example in guardian spec i can also apply legion cat skins on cat form,and not just bear.

Oh right.
Well why not both? :innocent: