Druid love <3

Give me your druid stories!

Last night I really felt a connection with my class and character. Had a fun group play in Zul’farrak with a shaman as tank, priest heal and priest + mage as dps. So alot of clothies.

I initially was supposed to be the healer, but we reasoned that another melee would be nice for the group. So I put on the feral gear and started clawing away.

During the run I changed playstyle alot…off tanked one boss as bear, picked up mobs that got to the priest healer and decursed stuff. One particularly big fight with adds nearly got to us. The priests were oom and we were in a tight spot! But I could shift from cat, heal everyone to full health and get in to the fight again. Everyone were really glad we managed to pull through! And I felt I could be an asset to the group as a hybrid.

Good times! :smiley:

9 Likes

This was sweet to read!

I don’t have a druuiee sadly.

Hope others bumble into more of those magic groups. The soul of the game :heart:

2 Likes

(For some reason I can’t switch to my Classic cow :frowning: )

I did Gnomeregan yesterday with a warrior, a warlock and a rogue, all low thirties. We couldn’t find a healer (I like healing but I’d kept literally zero intellect gear on me as I’ve been tanking in all the dungeons I’ve been in) but nobody in the party minded: the warrior had Zandalar and summer festival buffs so he tanked. For the most part I went cat, occasionally shifting out to heal, and at some points I off-tanked (dark iron packs got messy).

We cleared in a bit less than an hour, including Crowd Pummeler (I got the mace!), and I had the chance to do a little bit of everything (including moonfiring runners :smiley: ). All because everyone in the party understood what we could and couldn’t do and decided to give it a go.

2 Likes

My (pure) feral druid story: got to 60, raided MC and Ony, had a blast. Sadly got benched for weeks later on because GM wanted more fury warriors (only max F warrior +4 mage +2 rogues +2 locks accepted). Changed guilds a couple of times but they all turned from casual raiding to either disbanding or min maxing (aka feral benched and back to my first classic raiding scene experience).

I just switched server and mostly played guildless pvp solo ever since <3

I hope you have better luck at 60 than I did :wink:

A nice story though: I spent 20min in kitty form sleeping next to 2 tauren bears in the middle of Alterac Valley. Dancing and chilling with the opposite faction.

4 Likes

Running through EPL, spotted a Lotus with a druid about to herb, and gave the Alli druid the wombo combo 1 shot, and looted the herb infront of him/her.

Gitgud

2 Likes

Nice stories :slight_smile:

I still recall a moment in Blackfathom Deeps, back from Vanilla, where I went as cat DPS, but during an unfortunate pull, I tanked one, saving the healer, and afterwards used Tranquility. It was my first time using Tranquility, I had never seen the graphics before, and neither had the group, so they all went “Woooow, what was that?” :fireworks:

Ah, so young and new we were…Thank you for sharing :paw_prints:

6 Likes

I just hit 60 on my feral Druid (tank) and my guild is excited to have me tanking, saying that they needed more feral druids . Just have to find the right place I suppose.

2 Likes

Grats on the MCP! Hope it drops for you well at 60 cause you will need 10-15 every bloody week :stuck_out_tongue: (I hate Gnomer now)

Hello everyone!
I didn’t see many restos in this thread so I decided to share my story.

As you can see by a name of the character, I played on Russian server, the most populated PvP one. But I write here because I play on Mirage Raceway now and I won’t pick druid again and I will explain why.

First of all, there were certain benefits and downsides to playing on the fresh and populated server. For example, my guild was pre-made even before the Classic release, we all had plans on what and how we’re going to play and were having a lot of fun (and drama) on Discord. Yet, when the Classic was released, everybody else in my guild just rushed forward (many people took a vacation - standard 2 weeks off from job which I couldn’t do, some just played extra 2-3 hours at night, which I couldn’t afford), and by the time I got to 60 most people in my guild were already geared in MC/Ony gear and were farming it. I couldn’t understand that rush then and I don’t understand it now. Moreover, none of them ever helped me with any attunement. The prices on the AH were also affordable and it was relatively easy to find a group for any dungeon.

So, anyways, some might say that the fact that others in my guild were already geared when I turned 60 was good for me because I could get all the gear that our healers didn’t need, but when I reached a certain level of gear (you can see I’m not even close to BiS for MC/Ony phase), I felt drained out and hollow. Even though I did well according to logs, I realized it wasn’t for me. Either this class or the healing role. I tried going PvP with my guild premade for a change and got criticized there for slow reaction and it just kinda finished me off. I told my GM I’m going to take a break from the game (I think it was Jan or Feb) and never logged in with this character again and don’t want to even now.

Yes, I had a lot of fun leveling druid due to its versatility, I tanked (mostly), healed (mainly after lvl 55) and occasionally DPSed, but all of that felt like I lack some instruments to do it properly, because I played other classes (priest, warrior, hunter) at least up to level 45 and it was much easier and just more convenient. And only being a healer at 60, because your guild already has geared ferals… nah, man, you don’t wanna do that as the druid. Now when I read posts and comments advertising this class, I see it this way: either that person is really devoted to Druid, and these people are really really rare, I think, or they are writing it after the fresh emotions, or they just want there to be more druids so that they didn’t feel lonely or misguided :slight_smile: You gotta know, of course, that this is all just my opinion and it might be solely my personal problem, but it is what it is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.