Druids and explosive affix

I can't say for how long this "thing" has exsisted but i just recently had enough of how, whenever there is explosive affix in M+, boomkins feel sooo weak.
The main point is:
Why doesn't Sunfire and Lunar Strike not affect explosives? (also the totems on 3rd boss in King's Rest)

I mean, you can Sunfire the living crap out it and nothing happens. So your only option is to Starsurge or god forbid do some wank 2k moonfires or hard casting 2-3 solar wrath.
It would be really nice if you could go with 3x sunfire or moonfire trait for this but that's not even gonna be viable in the upcomming patch with the changes to those traits.
At least in Legion, as a healer, I could moonfire them, and the explosives would usually die from the dot, before they would explode.

I haven't done a m+ with explosives yet--will later today.

Primarily, you have to actually target them, that is a requirement for all classes, things like sunfire (AoE) abilities will have no effective, that is not new. If we could effectively AoE them down, they would be trivial, esp. last expansion when dungeons were just AoE fests.
14/11/2018 12:33Posted by Jalisco
things like sunfire (AoE) abilities will have no effective, that is not new. If we could effectively AoE them down, they would be trivial, esp. last expansion when dungeons were just AoE fests.

I'm not just on about the AOE component of those spells. I just think it would be very nice for boomkins to actually get the dot applied to single target or the direct damage from the spells.
You can use Sunfire on explosives and they won't get the dot or direct damage but everything around (excl. other explosives) will get the dot.
That's just silly
I feel next to useless on them. By the time I've managed to target them, they are either about to go off or are about to die from melee in the group. I'm starting to pool up my astral power so I have starsurges ready to pop on to them asap... which doesn't feel fun.
Exactly my point.
Having to pool astral power is pretty common but spending 40 on a potintial 30-40k crit, which is a massive overkill with the 10k hp they generally have, is just really waste of resources.
Moonfire doesn't kill them anymore?

Moonfire hits for 1.8k at max for me with the upfront damage and that’s with very high item level. Even after the 50% nerf to explosive HP this evening, it will still take several casts if the average health pool is around 5-6k

Just run 2x power of the moon traits (which is on like every single f’ing piece of gear) and just 2x moonfire every single one. In our higher keys i’m always around 50%+ of the explosive damage since it’s so easy to manage solo. Don’t bother spamming starsurge into them it’s pointless. Literally my entire job in higher keys is to dot everything / spend astral on starsurge or starfall and deal with explosives.

Edit: I will admit though sunfire/lunar strike not hitting totems/explosives is super dumb but it’s just a bug, it will likely get fixed eventually.

I did a few groups last night (5-8 range).

Here were my observations:

1. Moonfire appears to DMG them around 20-30%. Its doubtful, a moonfire + dot would kill it before it explodes.
  2. Sunfire appears (can’t be 100%, with random pugs of who’s damaging what) to DMG the explosive a good 20-30%, but the dot does not appear on it–if the dot actually applies, who knows. But, the direct DMG appears to work, and the sunfire dot is applies to adjacent, non-explosive, mobs.
  3. Thus, it seems a moonfire + sunfire might kill it before it explodes.

I am a healer, BTW.

This was all post-nerf, where explosive health was cut in half.

Combined with fortitude, I still think the health is too high.

As soon as you have 4+ mobs with fortitude, you will have to deal with a lot of explosives.

Very bad combination, fortitude and explosives. I won’t waste time this week trying to improve my raider-io score. :frowning:

I can say with 100% certainty this week is not a problem, read my previous comment (which can also be used by resto druids) to literally make explosive a non-issue.