Dual spec to saving dying game?

i just deleted my 68 priest healer becosue no able find tank for two hour for normal dungeon not evne 60 dung but for shad lab…
so i decidet not lvl any alt becouse its pointles.
MAybe dual spec will solve isue with tanks atleast for normal dungeon and allow ppl get lvl up alts?

8 Likes

It wont change a thing as I and others have pointed out countless times dual spec never was a solution to the lack of tanks, in wrath forwards the heroics were super easy so that in combination with dual spec made it slightly easier to find tanks (and also with cross server LFD a bit later on). But look to retail after people are done with leveling and the first bit of gearing its not easy to find tanks really even there where everyone have acess to all their specs and there are duble the amount of tanking classes its still way harder to find a tank than anything els

3 Likes

Dual spec didn’t solve the problem in WotLK (despite the OPness of DKs, easier dungeons and more profitable dungeon rewards due to the ability to convert emblems into gems, eternals, frozen orbs etc). What makes you think it’d do anything in TBC?

4 Likes

Only good players are able to play a tank role while every noob can pretend to be a dps.
Dual spec won’t make anyone a good player.

3 Likes

It would a bit ease finding tanks / healers. For example, I am tanking only 2 days a week when we are raiding, otherwise I am specced for PvP. Nevertheless I got everything I needed in HC dungeons, so beside helping guildies and hoarding badges I have no desire to tank HCs, especially for pug groups where it is kinda , wild west , .

Before I got T4 legs, I was farming SP HC for midnight legs, 4 times dropped, 4 times I was overrolled by hunter, hunter, resto shammy and once warrior :smiley: So why should I bother :slight_smile:
( I think armor class users should have priority, but I came to peace with that min maxing by not even trying to run those dungeons :slight_smile: )

Hello,

I’m a Paladin and have the following to say;
When i was leveling i played PROT and tanked every dungeon… in my Pre-RAID-BIS chase i also played PROT. My good friend with who we leveled together 1-70 played a resto shaman.

Now that we are 70 and have raid gear… we play other spec’s.
I play i retri paladin because the guild/raid needs that more…
My friend plays enhancement shammy for the same reason.

Now we raid Sunday and Wednesday… basically there are 5 day’s that we could go back to PROT/RESTO and do Dungeons… BUT it costs 100g to swap over… and 200g per person on a weekly basis…

We both are grown man with jobs and family so we can’t play the game 4 hours per day and with a costs of swapping back over of 200g/week… simply too expensive…
we are saving up money instead for Phase 2.

If there was dual-spec i would gladly tank dungeons and my buddy would gladly heal because there is still gold-to-be-made in dungeons with herbalism and mining and its simply fun.

For now we join guild dungeon runs as DPS.

3 Likes

Or you man up and tank without prot spec?
I am not joking but maybe you haven’t thought about it?
With a paladin you can tank as ret or holy pala, you only need different gear.
Also adding an additional challenge (not having the most optimal spec) makes the already easy game more interesting.

You are not a true hybrid if you have to respec :stuck_out_tongue:

i rly think it help becouse i talk about mostly lvl up the alt… whenre you coudl pick just guildie who is 70 and had just few tank item but if he is healer druid he cant tank…
for someheroic you need real tank but for HC is much esy to find tank since lot of ppl need primal or items or badges etc etc on my main i find esy tank or HC take 5-10 min but take onehour to find tank even for 69 dung. and there can dual spec help becosue any 70 with 2 tanking item with right talents can tank those dungs.

GL doing HC in hybrid specs…

the game is about fun and if u wanna tank properly and stressless u go full tank build.

with that mindset why don’t u reroll warlock and solo everything by urself??

1 Like

I am mainig a Prot Paladin, BUT I never want to tank any dungeons except for my guild. My reasons:

• the come on, faster!
  • the flaming foor the least mistake.
  • the incivilty I meet if I wait for healer to get mana back before pulling,

In short all you who now are missing tanks, please look into yourself and see when you last was nice to one, maybe even had patience with a learning tank etc.

PS: This same goes for healers of course exchange arguments where needed …I’m sure you know how.

1 Like

Why would i reroll a warlock when i can do with a paladin? :wink:

I surely will be a potential tank (as offspec) if this hits, so +1 for it.

The could Add NPC tanks that just move at some pace through the jungle. People can heal it up and control some basic abilities on the NPC. Ofcourse you have to pay gold to activate one so a real tank is still interesting and likely slightly faster.

I just had a stroke trying to read this, what the hell.
I guess your point is dual spec would enable players who DPS in raids to tank in dungeons, which is something I agree with, but god damn put the bottle of rum down before typing up a forum post.

1 Like

oh man excelent idea but i woudl put in to store for 5 euro :slight_smile: and for anorther 5 your char can touch npc butt :smiley:

Lol, have you tried a heroic with a ret paladin tanking?

2 Likes

As a Tank i would not take a lvl 68 healer that i don’t know for SL. I had lvl 70 healer with prebis+ gear fail at healing in there. TBC is just a hellhole of bad healer tbh. Im not saying you are bad or something i never seen you play so i cant judge that but i got let down way to much to waste my time with low level randoms.

1 Like

It comes a bit with the tank gear as well, tanks step in heroics with levelling blue plus some green ones. I specced heal for a moment and really had to precast large heals into the tank to avoid him dying straight up. I could not avoid him gettting globalled a few times, so we wiped here and there.
Try playing a healer for fun and see what you can do :wink:

1 Like

Just because you couldn’t find a tank for 2 hours you deleted a level 68 character that took you how long to level?

There is a word or two I am thinking of for that. The first is impulsive, the second begins with i too.

2 Likes

Well I have a wonderful solution for you. Why don’t you level a paladin healer with tank off spec and help to correct this injustice? You can spent time in strat boosting draenai shamans and hunters to get 100-200g per week for respecting into tank between 1-2 raid nights (more in phase 2) and add here repair bill that is higher than for any PUG member.
And all this in pure altruism and care for the good of PUGs who do not know how not to seed, chain lighting or multishot right after or even before the pull and mobs being set into position using LoS, if they play with Warrior or Druid tank.