Dual Speccing

Yes, but that is the way it was balanced if you want the classic TBC game. It has a lot of flaws and a lot of things are unfair, especially how it was in classic vanilla for the last 2 years (fairness my @rse). If you say it’s suddendly now okay to by-pass one class for the benefit of many, the same could be said about a lot of other gimmicks and or mechanics.

1 Like

but you ll not by-pass it if you set a 3-4 hours cooldown on respec… that way druid will still be needed in the raid.

It’s a start for sure, I couldn’t imagine if they implement dual spec it would be without a cooldown. Not for the sake of druids even but simply to make sure people don’t respect for every PvE boss in raid.

It has to be carefully thought out and if dual spec is put in the game, all these things need to be considerd, including the effect on desirablity of the classes. You can’t pop the wotlk version in without any reworks.

Exactly. It’s also not fair everyone suffers for Warriors. Everyone should be able to wear plate armore and tank.
It’s also not fair that everyone suffers for mages, because only they can make portals and summon food and water.
It’s also not fair that everyone suffers for Warlocks. Everyone should be able to summon other players and give Soul stones.
It’s also not fair everyone has to suffer for Hunters. Everyone should have tracking abilites, same range as them and access to traps.
It’s… you get the point. Nobody suffers for druids. Not more than everyone suffers for every class they aren’t. Please keep class identity in the game.

I wouldn’t cry if they don’t add it.

But if they do it would be wonderful for someone like myself. As someone who wants to play healer in TBC I dread the idea of not being able to farm anything besides herbs or mines, or not being able to contest any of those herbs or mines against a dps spec because I am basically useless without someone else. Daily quests where? It takes 5 min to kill a single mob especially if I have low gear. I mean I know that’s the reason they added spell damage to healing items in the first place but still.
However there are negatives that would come with Dual Spec and mainly from the players themselves. I can totally see a douchebag “hardcore” guilds bully their members to funnel ear towards the more important members with the idea of offspec being an actual thing and not just a potential thing.
But if there is no Dual Spec I wouldnt cry, I would just go elemental shaman rather than resto and just not waste my time having an alt specifically to farm because that’s just braindead. I’m not leveling an entire character to have my farming done because my main is simply gimped outside raiding.
PS: I honestly believe the people who are arguing really hard against DS are just dps and have never played healing in vanilla/tbc:D
PSPS: No it doesn’t break immersion. What breaks the immersion is your class trainer giving you amnesia for 50 gold
PSPSPS: No it’s not a slippery slope. Just like gay marriage didn’t make people marrying goats or sheep, the same way dual spec won’t bring all other retail aspects

1 Like

WoW over a hundred responses. I don’t think anything i’ve posted has got more than 20. (on any of my toons)

I’ve not read them all but I read down to this one which is great example of a point I was trying to make.

There is very little in life, Azathoth or otherwise that has “no downside to it whatsoever”. There’s always a cost of some description.

And i can already hear a response a long the lines of ‘putting out a burning building that’s full of children’.

And yes you’d be right in that instance, but that is a Reductio ad absurdum. In 99 out of 100 choices there’s always a downside, which you should consider.

And no “the gold is the cost” is not what i’m referring to, but i think you knew that :wink:

2 Likes

Back in the day is summon whilst in instance then take portal and you got about 1:40 to get your spec changed. Main tank as a paladin some fights it made sense to portal and change. Gold isnt a problem in tbc it will be fine either way

1 Like

Some sort of dual speccing that is restricted within a time frame or a other suitable limit would be a good addition to TBC. Players want to do everything these days. They want to raid, and when they are done with their raid they want to jump into pvp. It can also be a good gold sink to enable dual spec.

I would actually like to see something done with respeccing in TBC:

I wouldn’t be upset if they did add it, nor would I be if they didn’t add it.
It’s a very useful feature and I don’t really see a downside.

1 Like

I don’t remember respeccing being that much of a deal tbh. We could change between our PvE and PvP speccs quite easily and it wasn’t that pricy.

I actually prefer if we didn’t have dual specc.
I was a lot more serious about either content I was engaged in.

I can see how it could become tough to keep up if you’re a healer and struggle to farm gold but professions are so important and lucrative that you should really have them maxed out.

1 Like

Hey Sardoc, didnt know you were such a great lobbyist! Perhaps go to the QnA for BlizzCon and tro to tell Blizzard they should add Barbershop aswell and throw out some “most people want this” line, hoping Blizzard cares at all and doesnt know better than you ^^

Didnt get much support here, so lets try going straight to the source …

Dual spec is a popular request. But anything that’d make the game more convenient would be popular. Elemental plateu overfarmed? Increase droprates! Hard to farm as a healer? Give dualspec! Hard to find arena buddy? Give random queue! Hell, if they reduced the cost of epic flying, many would cheer. “It’s hard to get it for all my alts after already paying for boost”.

How about not making such drastic unnecessary changes?

1 Like

I would be for dual spec (in major cities only), since the added convenience is really great - Especially the part where you don’t have to set up all your action bars etc. over and over again. I don’t particularly mind if it costs gold to do the respeccing, ie. if every time you change your spec it subtracts the respecc cost from your bags. I think it’s good to have some gold sinks, and the 50g cost is really not that big of a deal.

There’s probably a way to do this using the addon API though… Maybe I’ll look into that.

I will never understand how this in an argument.

TBC raids are as easy as classic raids and people will just casually clear them in a matter of weeks no matter if dual spec is available or not. And even if they were something truly competitive and terribly hard then who cares if guilds switch their players specs or whatever? What’s the point? If they’re so hardcore about raiding then they can just do it anyway by paying the gold.

There is not a single good argument against dual spec. Not one. You can not be against it without sounding like an absolute idiot. It makes no sense. There’s only positive aspects gained from it and you people just want to relive the experience you had 15 years ago but it’s not going to happen and it’s also not going to happen if they won’t add dual spec.

1 Like

/10characters

Catching up with this thread.

Well, guess I didn’t miss much. The arguments against DS are getting weirder and weirder:

• druids wouldn’t have it cheaper than other classes, and apparently that means they’d lose something. Show me the boo-boo and I’ll kiss it better.
  • some nonsense about a burning building with children… I don’t even wanna know.

I’ll be honest. It feels like the anti-DS crowd are slamming their faces against the keyboard and pressing “reply” without even reading what came out. Can’t wait to read the next batch… or maybe I can.

No because creating alts is part of the vibrant world that Vanilla and BC was.

1 Like

Pretty good chance for Dual Spec, they also are giving Paladins both seals regardless of faction. So i’d say it will be a completly new game that doesn’t care about classic TBC balance either way, you’re probably gonna see some new abilities/racial changes added as well.

1 Like

No, dual spec should not be in the game. Equating it to the seal change is a false equivalence.

Neither should TBC boosts, but yet here they are. You can keep saying ‘false equivalance’ to yourself, but it is an indication of where the game is going. If they cared about 1 on 1 class and racial balance from TBC and giving a classic experience, they would not implement it. This clearly shows they don’t, hence dual spec is now a lot more likely to occure than before Blizzcon presentation.

I expect once the beta gets implemented we’ll be hearing about more changes soon, maybe even dungeon finder, gold tokens and faction change.

Not saying it IS happening, just the chances increased knowing the changes so far.