Dungeon Finder Boosters EVERYWHERE

What happened to removing/banning these people? It’s back harder than it has ever been.

We’re literally talking about 20-30 per search, and if you relog chars they all show again (because you’re not good enough aparently to mass ignore them account wide).

Can you please, literally get 1 member of staff to randomly go on group finder and ban these folk 1 by 1. Literally this has become a joke.

We’ve lost trade chat (which you don’t care about) and now we’ve lost Dungeon Finder (which you supposedly care about but don’t).

This game is quickly becoming the new Aion Online, all you need to do now is add /camp for shops to spam with.

Honestly, this is making me not want to play SL because if this is how the game is going then I don’t want to be a part of it.

BOOSTING has ALWAYS been in the game, it’s just become so profitable and scummy it’s beyond a joke now, with multiple boosting “groups” making an absolute tonne of gold and profiting with cash.

Quite frankly, boosting should in my opinion be outright banned as it messes up the nature of the game. Fix it.

All that will get banned are hacked accounts or people who are paid to advertise. Not the real boosters.

There should be a one month group finder ban for the whole account.

I don’t think GMs actually ever go into the game anymore.

1 Like

It’s actually jokes because they could pay someone to ban these accounts and theyd’ soon stop doing it. Yes a 1 week group finder ban with doubling penalties for people doing it more and more.

ie-
Banned for 1 week.

Repeat offense 2, banned for 2 weeks
Repeat offense 3, banned for 4 weeks
Repeat offense 4, banned for 8 weeks
Repeat offense 5. Perma banned.

If not max level and obviously advertising on alt / low level accounts then easy flat ban/ip ban.

1 Like

So? How are they going to boost if they got noone who advertises for them? If you bann the advertising players eventually noone will take the risk anymore for a bit of gold.

They wont, they make millions out of them because people buy tokens to pay boosters.
They destroyed TradeChat and forced us to /quit
Now they are going to destroy LFG.

I wonder what comes next.

I remember in Legion when these Boosting communities weren’t so prevelant and obnoxious, I could look in trade chat and see people offer mounts, pets, toys and trade goods and occasionally buy items at very decent prices.

Nowadays even if you use some addon like Badboy to block most of the obnoxious boosting community spammers, there are barely people offering anything on Trade because it’s pointless to go up against all those spammers.

Then if you say something about it you have these boosting fanboys say:
Nobody uses trade chat so who cares
Just disable trade chat
You are just jealous they earn more gold!

Why the hell do you think nobody uses Trade chat anymore to offer goods? Yes, exactly… because your messages will most likely not be seen so it seems like a waste of time to even try.

What I really don’t understand is why people pay so much gold(IRL money) to let other people play the game for them… Why do you even play the game at this point? :woozy_face:

1 Like

Indeed.

Blizz need to get a handle on this, because friends and myself will not buy SL if it continues unchecked and even if we give it a go, and it continues on this corse then we’ll be quitting early SL.

I do not want to get in to SL and see dungeon / level boosts filling up group finder in the weeks after leveling.

It’s sorry to say now, but people always used to say “lol boosted” etc, but in reality they’d bought their account.

Now you can’t genuinely be sure which they did because they could buy 4k+++ RIO.

I wasn’t aware that boosting, or selling boosts for in-game gold was against the rules. Would you be so kind as to tell me which rule it’s breaking?

I am well aware that selling boosts for real world goods or currency is against the rules.

You are not allowed to put them in the group finder. In trade it’s fine but not the LFG.

Besides in trade a large amount of them have a /dnd message set up sending you to a website that sells them for real money.

2 Likes

Ahh, I see, thank you.

Advertising items or services for gold is not allowed in the group finder. While we do combat behavior like this in several different ways, one of the most effective one is still player reports.

I understand it’s frustrating when you don’t see the effects immediately and it may feel like it’s not doing much to help – I assure you that’s not the case, and reports are very much appreciated and do lead to action.

You can also read more about our stance on this here:

Thank you for your continued efforts to help with this!

1 Like

I would argue that even in trade chat the advertisement of boosting communities is way out of control. A message is fine, but it’s a constant stream of the same 3 or 4 communities using low level bots (whether they are actual bots or people acting like bots, there is no difference) overflowing trade chat. We get it, you sell boosts for ‘gold’ on your ‘legit’ website. The antispam option in settings is a joke and blocking or reporting is not enough since they keep making new characters and blizzard allows it because they make lots of money from the token sales.
I would go as far as even saying why is advertising in game for external services even allowed?

It’s disruptive, not even because it’s advertisement, but because of the amount!

And the stop spam option in settings does literally nothing, why is it even there?

Since you don’t want to fix it, can we please finally have unlimited ignore lists with options to blacklist partial names and words in chat? (yes I know there are addons for this, no I don’t see this as a solution)

2 Likes

I agree.

Its obnoxious and just annoying. They’re amassing millions, for what? Literally for what?

I thinks to sell for real cash. Once they use all the millions to buy battlenet items and theyve overthrown the auction house for all in game items, what purpose does gold serve for these communities? Why do they have so many people advertising for them and spamming so you’ll give your gold?

Many are making real life cash from this.

2 Likes

I think Blizzard need to realise you don’t want to ignore the single character but the whole account.

1 Like