Dungeons, raids, etc

A quick question.
When should start doing dungeons and/or raids?
I´m lvl 35 now and basically just doing quests.

You can queue for dungeon appropriate for your level by pressing letter I (i).
As a warlock, dismiss your voidwalker so tank will not get upset with you.

Raids will be end game content (lvl 120 to be exact) but you can go do old ones when you are at least 10 lvls above the level of the raid was planned to be ran as.
-I wouldn’t personally bother with raids until lvl 120.

But is there a reason for doing dungeons on a low level?

Or should I just keep questing?

Dungeons are optional, until you reach 120. Then they become more important.

There are three possible reasons for doing dungeons below 120:

A. Faster levelling (which may not be faster). The numbers change from time to time, but at some times and at some levels, dungeons may give a liitle more experience per hour than quests. This would apply only if you queue while you keep questing, and accept the dungeon invite when you get it, and do the quests offered at the start of the dungeon. If you wait around town for the queue, it would more than waste any of the very little extra XP you get.

I think queueing while questing is a bit faster in the 1-60 stage, may-be a bit faster in 60-80, and questionable above that, but I could be wrong. There’s never a huge difference, anyway; I know that much for sure.

B. A chance at slightly better gear. You might be lucky and get a Blue piece or two from a dungeon. However, it is only a chance, and you change gear so quickly when levelling now that you probably won’t wear it long enough to matter.

C. To break the routine. Some people, especially people who have levelled a dozen characters before, are bored of the quests they’ve already done so many times, and dungeons provide an opportunity to run like crazy to try to blow stuff up. If you feel you need more excitement, dungeons provide that option.

Ok.
Thanks guys, good to know.

Hey Hillel, great question! Even though Gráinne has provided a wonderful answer I just wanted to contribute as well.

While I’m leveling up I am always looking forward to hitting that level required for the next dungeon, because for me that’s always a great experience along with indeed, breaking up the monotony of the leveling grind.

Doing dungeons is also a great way to learn about the more advanced gameplay mechanics that come with playing as a group. Like Ashon says, selecting the right pet for the job, learning the kind of spell rotations that help with bringing down trash mobs and bosses faster (which may be very different from just doing your normal routine doing quests with a Voidwalker and only using a few spells), providing helpful buffs like Soul Stones and Health Stones, and so forth. You may also end up meeting new people, who could become your new guildies or even good friends!

Don’t hesitate it all to queue up for a dungeon that sounds interesting to you when you level up and get a prompt you now have access to it. Do keep in mind there may be a bit of a wait through the Looking for Group tool under (i), as you’d be playing a DPS role and you’ll probably need to wait for other players that sign up as tanks or healers.

Have fun playing! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.