Dynamic difficulty & reward

It is currently not possible to lower your power output, for rp purposes. So instead of doing the regular 100% damage output your character always does, having a slider to set it from 1% to 100% to your free choosing, to lower your damage output.

But it can also be a new feature to allow people to enjoy lower levels to the degree of their desire for a challenge. Also lowering hp/defense and also giving a slight capped buff like getting 0% to 2% extra chance of looting green items from world mobs, to the degree you enable the power limitter from 100% to 1%

Does this sound like a good idea?

I have seen some other games with system like “mentoring”. Its intended purpose is that a higher level player can lower their level to some lower level and do things with lower players.

This would achieve the “power level slider” effect. You need to do something, but your sneeze will atomize the related mob before you can do anything? Lower your level temporarily!

I wouldnt be against this sort of system.

Just unequip your gear.

1 Like

This kind of system is right now on PTR. It’s called Party Sync. If you turn it on everyone in the party get scaled to the lowest level in the party and loses access to spells that are above this level, not sure how it works for Demon Hunters and Death Knights. You also are able to do the same exact quests even if you already completed them in the past.

I also have an idea of using this tech to scale yourself down to the level of the zone to finish up quests there without being too overpowered. I would call it Zone Sync.

^ This.

Why invent more game code and file size, when you can just unequip some gear or wear low level stuff?

1 Like

I know this, however, it cannot be applied to higher levels playing lower level content, and also not to low level players who are already naked and cannot get… More naked :sweat_smile:

Hope that makes sense. But it was just an idea anyway.

Hey this sounds like super fun, tho playing solo is already too easy on low level content, except if you’re doing solo dungeons, but I’m glad we get atleast some kind of way to scale. It’s better than nothing.

Not sure I see the value in it anyway and, to be honest, some scumbag is going to work out how to cheat it or take advantage of some tiny logical error with it … so no, this is an awful idea.
Inventive but no … just no.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.